RadioBanter

-   -   Good starter Shortwave Radio? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/153197-good-starter-shortwave-radio.html)

dxAce August 14th 10 01:52 PM

Good starter Shortwave Radio?

Bob Dobbs wrote:

RHF wrote:

http://therealcableguy.com/300%20ohm...20lead%202.jpg

What's that coin with the duck, goose or whatever?

That's a coin known as a 'Loonie', ($1), used by the dumbass Canucks!

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

dave August 14th 10 07:29 PM

Good starter Shortwave Radio?

wrote:
My property area is about 70 feet by about 140 or 150 or 160 feet.I once
measured it a bunch of years ago, but I forget.
I also own a half acre of land in Florida, does that count too?
cuhulin

Only if it has antennas on it.

dave August 14th 10 07:32 PM

Good starter Shortwave Radio?

Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:
Same goes for the RX320. It is not a
true SDR; it is an old fashioned superhet with a DSP demodulator.

http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...mrxvr/0320.jpg
I can't see any knobs on this thing, they must all be in the back?

You need a computer in lieu of a front panel. Not much of one, either.

It's still an old-school superheterodyne double upconversion RF chain
with a DSP demodulator.

RHF August 14th 10 11:50 PM

On Aug 14, 11:29*am, dave wrote:
wrote:
My property area is about 70 feet by about 140 or 150 or 160 feet.I once
measured it *a bunch of years ago, but I forget.
I also own a half acre of land in Florida, does that count too?
cuhulin

Only if it has antennas on it.

One hell of a feed-line _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _