RadioBanter

-   -   QSL cards (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/153308-qsl-cards.html)

Zach Edwardson August 16th 10 11:26 PM

QSL cards

How do you go about getting QSL cards? I am having fun (picked up a
BBC broadcast from Thailand among other things, I know, nothing
special, but it cool for me) and I know OF QSL cards, but have no idea
how to go about getting them.

(Sorry, new Shortwave listener, sorry if this is a most basic
question.)

dxAce August 17th 10 09:32 AM

QSL cards

Zach Edwardson wrote:

How do you go about getting QSL cards? I am having fun (picked up a
BBC broadcast from Thailand among other things, I know, nothing
special, but it cool for me) and I know OF QSL cards, but have no idea
how to go about getting them.

(Sorry, new Shortwave listener, sorry if this is a most basic
question.)

Google 'writing a reception report' and that should get you to more
information than you'll require.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dave August 17th 10 02:28 PM

QSL cards

Zach Edwardson wrote:
How do you go about getting QSL cards? I am having fun (picked up a
BBC broadcast from Thailand among other things, I know, nothing
special, but it cool for me) and I know OF QSL cards, but have no idea
how to go about getting them.

(Sorry, new Shortwave listener, sorry if this is a most basic
question.)

You find the mailing address of the transmitting station. You send them
a report and request a verification. If they are a major state
broadcaster they require no fee. If it's a smaller station you may want
to add a couple of cripsy dollar bills and a self-addressed envelope.

If you are new, get a copy of "Passport to World Band Radio". It came
out every winter until recently. Most used book stores will have one.
That or "World Radio TV Handbook", which I believe is still published.
Either book is chock full of SWL goodness.

RF BURNS August 19th 10 09:40 PM

QSL cards

"Zach Edwardson" wrote in message
How do you go about getting QSL cards? I am having fun (picked up a
BBC broadcast from Thailand among other things, I know, nothing
special, but it cool for me) and I know OF QSL cards, but have no idea
how to go about getting them.

(Sorry, new Shortwave listener, sorry if this is a most basic
question.)

Have you seen Mark's?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2hxo7ir.jpg