Old August 16th 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default QSL cards

How do you go about getting QSL cards? I am having fun (picked up a
BBC broadcast from Thailand among other things, I know, nothing
special, but it cool for me) and I know OF QSL cards, but have no idea
how to go about getting them.

(Sorry, new Shortwave listener, sorry if this is a most basic
question.)
Old August 17th 10, 09:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Zach Edwardson wrote:

How do you go about getting QSL cards? I am having fun (picked up a
BBC broadcast from Thailand among other things, I know, nothing
special, but it cool for me) and I know OF QSL cards, but have no idea
how to go about getting them.

(Sorry, new Shortwave listener, sorry if this is a most basic
question.)

Google 'writing a reception report' and that should get you to more
information than you'll require.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 17th 10, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Zach Edwardson wrote:
How do you go about getting QSL cards? I am having fun (picked up a
BBC broadcast from Thailand among other things, I know, nothing
special, but it cool for me) and I know OF QSL cards, but have no idea
how to go about getting them.

(Sorry, new Shortwave listener, sorry if this is a most basic
question.)

You find the mailing address of the transmitting station. You send them
a report and request a verification. If they are a major state
broadcaster they require no fee. If it's a smaller station you may want
to add a couple of cripsy dollar bills and a self-addressed envelope.

If you are new, get a copy of "Passport to World Band Radio". It came
out every winter until recently. Most used book stores will have one.
That or "World Radio TV Handbook", which I believe is still published.
Either book is chock full of SWL goodness.
Old August 19th 10, 09:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Zach Edwardson" wrote in message
How do you go about getting QSL cards? I am having fun (picked up a
BBC broadcast from Thailand among other things, I know, nothing
special, but it cool for me) and I know OF QSL cards, but have no idea
how to go about getting them.

(Sorry, new Shortwave listener, sorry if this is a most basic
question.)

Have you seen Mark's?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2hxo7ir.jpg

QSL Cards [email protected] Dx 0 December 26th 06 07:34 PM
QSL CARDS!!!!!! [email protected] Dx 0 January 8th 06 04:40 PM
QSL cards Dan CB 2 January 20th 04 12:06 AM
audio cards or radio cards F*thejones Digital 6 November 25th 03 09:04 AM
audio cards or radio cards F*thejones Digital 0 November 14th 03 11:39 PM