Old September 4th 10, 05:58 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

Default Other automakers with HD Radio liable, too?

Haven't checked much, but other automakers seem liable, too. Here's
hype from Volvo:

http://www.pdfee.com/new-2010-volvo-...echnology.html

Seems Rolls, Volvo, Audi (not yet installed), Scion, etc are liable,
too. I'll have to email these attorneys with an updated list, but they
are probably already checking. I posted links to these attorneys in
most of the automaker forums that had complaints about HD Radio!

THIS IS GREAT!!! LMFAO!!!
Old September 4th 10, 06:05 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 4, 12:58*pm, DigitalRadioScams
wrote:
Haven't checked much, but other automakers seem liable, too. Here's
hype from Volvo:

http://www.pdfee.com/new-2010-volvo-...echnology.html

Seems Rolls, Volvo, Audi (not yet installed), Scion, etc are liable,
too. I'll have to email these attorneys with an updated list, but they
are probably already checking. I posted links to these attorneys in
most of the automaker forums that had complaints about HD Radio!

THIS IS GREAT!!! LMFAO!!!

Done! Message sent to attorneys with list and hype from Volvo -
LMFAO!!!!!
Old September 4th 10, 06:59 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/4/10 11:58 , DigitalRadioScams wrote:
Haven't checked much, but other automakers seem liable, too. Here's
hype from Volvo:

http://www.pdfee.com/new-2010-volvo-...echnology.html

Seems Rolls, Volvo, Audi (not yet installed), Scion, etc are liable,
too. I'll have to email these attorneys with an updated list, but they
are probably already checking. I posted links to these attorneys in
most of the automaker forums that had complaints about HD Radio!

THIS IS GREAT!!! LMFAO!!!

As much as I appreciate your glee, and the ultimate market
recognition that this noise isn't working, do keep in mind the
enormous investment represented here. Not only in hardware, and R&D,
but in pocketing FCC commissioners who signed on to this crap above
public objections.

A court case will likely be what it takes to finally begin
dismantling IBOC, but iBiquity will not go down easy. And HD will
not disappear overnight.

In other words, don't do a victory lap, yet. This is only a first
of many, many steps.

Old September 4th 10, 07:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Volvo, that Swedish name means, I Roll.
Ball bearings, and probally also tapered bearings.In World War Two,
U.S.Army Air Force lost over four hundred and fifty American Soldiers
bombing a ball bearings factory in Schweinfurt,Germany and another
smaller ball bearings factory in Germany.Neutral Sweden took up the
slack, supplying bearings to the Nazis.
Volvo,,, Sweden,,, HUMPH!
Neutral Switzerland was working both sides of the coin, building and
repairing equipment for both, the Allies and the Axis powers.
SCREW Volvo!!! Sue the HELL out of Volvo!!!
cuhulin

Old September 4th 10, 08:11 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

A court case will likely be what it takes to finally begin
dismantling IBOC, but iBiquity will not go down easy. And HD will
not disappear overnight.

This is absolutely true. The "slow death" has already begun. Equipment
manufacturers have noticed the precipitous drop in orders for IBOC gear
by radio stations. Retail stores never have (and still do not) sell
anything that remotely resembles an "HD Radio" selection of product for
consumers. The lobbying effort to have the FCC coerce the manufacturers
of unrelated equipment (e.g. cell phones) to include "HD Radio" in their
products will ultimately fail. It is, after all, a marketplace issue. If
there's no market, what's the point? You don't dictate to consumers what
they will buy and like, although that fine point seems to have been lost
on The Alliance.

Significantly, even the industry trades are getting bored with the
topic. Even if something is exciting and successful, after awhile there
is only so much that can be said. When it is a flat-out dud, only
constant lobbying by those with vested interests can keep the tongues
wagging, and that is pretty well running out at this point.

In other words, don't do a victory lap, yet. This is only a first
of many, many steps.

Indeed. Some time in the future however, someone will say, "Oh, by the
way, whatever became of 'HD Radio'?"

That's when you will see the IBOC gear over at Weirdstuff Warehouse
along with the Cartrivision and DiVX players.

--
John Higdon
+1 408 ANdrews 6-4400

Old September 4th 10, 08:20 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
Haven't checked much, but other automakers seem liable, too. Here's
hype from Volvo:

http://www.pdfee.com/new-2010-volvo-...echnology.html

Seems Rolls, Volvo, Audi (not yet installed), Scion, etc are liable,
too. I'll have to email these attorneys with an updated list, but they
are probably already checking. I posted links to these attorneys in
most of the automaker forums that had complaints about HD Radio!

THIS IS GREAT!!! LMFAO!!!

Done! Message sent to attorneys with list and hype from Volvo -
LMFAO!!!!!

Why so happy to make lawyers rich by taking money from auto makers?
The last two times lawyers sued a large company on my behalf I got a
coupon
worth $75 for the next time I take an airplane flight and this time I got a
check,
for $18.42. You can be sure the legal fees were in 7 figures.
MikeK

Old September 4th 10, 08:26 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

[...]

Because automakers, such as BMW, have been dupng the Public. No one
wil go near iBiquity, now, just to get caught up in a court case.
Old September 4th 10, 09:49 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

"DigitalRadioScams" wrote in message
Haven't checked much, but other automakers seem liable, too. Here's
hype from Volvo:

http://www.pdfee.com/new-2010-volvo-...echnology.html

Seems Rolls, Volvo, Audi (not yet installed), Scion, etc are liable,
too. I'll have to email these attorneys with an updated list, but they
are probably already checking. I posted links to these attorneys in
most of the automaker forums that had complaints about HD Radio!

THIS IS GREAT!!! LMFAO!!!

IMHO too many people laughed off complaints that the digital carriers would
cause interference to first adjacent analogs without realizing these same
adjacent would interfere with the digital carriers rendering HD useless in
certain (many?) situations.

Old September 5th 10, 02:40 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

Drewdove wrote:

IMHO too many people laughed off complaints that the digital carriers would
cause interference to first adjacent analogs without realizing these same
adjacent would interfere with the digital carriers rendering HD useless in
certain (many?) situations.

As far as I'm concerned, allowing a signal to be broadcast, at a
frequency that is already allocated to something else, is always going
to be a bad idea (unless it is a system using very directional
antennas). From what I've read in this NG. HD-Radio does just that. It
ends up allowing digital signals to be transmitted on frequencies
already allocated to analogue signals. Whoever thought that would be OK,
obviously either doesn't understand radio, or simply doesn't give a sh*t
about the consequences.

Richard E.
Old September 5th 10, 03:07 AM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 4, 9:40*pm, Richard Evans
wrote:
Drewdove wrote:
IMHO too many people laughed off complaints that the digital carriers would
cause interference to first adjacent analogs without realizing these same
adjacent would interfere with the digital carriers rendering HD useless in
certain (many?) situations.

As far as I'm concerned, allowing a signal to be broadcast, at a
frequency that is already allocated to something else, is always going
to be a bad idea (unless it is a system using very directional
antennas). From what I've read in this NG. HD-Radio does just that. It
ends up allowing digital signals to be transmitted on frequencies
already allocated to analogue signals. Whoever thought that would be OK,
obviously either doesn't understand radio, or simply doesn't give a sh*t
about the consequences.

Richard E.

The whole IBOC system was puposely designed to jam the smaller
adjacent-cheenl stations of the dial.