Old September 12th 10, 07:04 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD Radio: Lemon Laws

"Non-working HD radio - Engineering says wait for new Software"

"I took my 2009 335i in for the exact same thing. Service associate
called me the next day and claimed it was "fixed". When I picked my
vehicle up... no change. Every station (AM/FM) would have eight
subchannels - identified as HD1-HD8. HD1 would be the analog version,
but no HD logo in the upper right corner. When clicking on one of the
other seven subchannels, the word "acquiring" appeared in the upper
right corner, but no sound. It seems the service associate knew very
little about HD radio and claimed that I was picking up a HD channel
with HD1 and that not having sound from the "other seven channels" was
normal. This despite explaining in detail when I dropped the vehicle
off about how the HD radio worked the first three weeks I owned the
vehicle. Unsatisfied, I asked for the service manager and had him sit
in the vehicle while I went through the iDrive screens. He admitted
there was an issue, but couldn't recall any service bulletins about it
or seeing any other cases like it. He promised that he would "do some
research" into it and call me tomorrow. Any update on your case
Robingo?"

"If you are saying that the car has been in the shop for a total of 3
weeks, you are getting close to qualifying for the 30 days total time
in the shop threshold for lemon law remedy in California. You might
want to send off a written request to BMW for assistance with the
issue (you need to have provided a written request for assistance to
BMW before you can pursue a lemon law remedy in California)."

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=362049

This will eventually serverly impact automakers that offer HD Radio. I
guess Struble must have given them huge iBiquity IPO equity options
for all the trouble HD Radio is causing - LOL!
Old September 12th 10, 09:48 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default OMG Another "DigitalRadioScams" Radio Slam !

OMG Another "DigitalRadioScams" Radio Slam !
Old September 12th 10, 11:18 PM posted to ba.broadcast,alt.radio.digital,rec.radio.shortwave

"DigitalRadioScams" wrote in message
[...]

I've never heard about something like this happening with a DTV (US-ATSC)
tuner/TV. Showing subchannels that weren't there much less identifying an
analog source (broadcast channel or rf 3/4 output) as X-1.

I have a Sylvania STB which gets both analog and digital channels and when
analog channels were on they were listed as X-0. When I plug in my VCR out
it shows up as 3-0, not 3-1.

Sounds like these tuners are running bad software that needs to be updated.

Maxwells laws art Antenna 53 September 25th 07 08:11 PM
Vintage 78 RPM Blues Collection For Sale / Robert Johnson; Elmore James; Blind Boy Fuller; Blind Lemon Jefferson; Bessie Smith; Muddy Waters Harlem Slim / www.deltabluesguitar.com Swap 0 September 8th 04 11:04 PM
Another act of Republican "these laws are for everyone but us": Telamon Shortwave 0 August 27th 04 04:40 AM
Scanning laws around the world? victoria patel Scanner 19 February 3rd 04 08:48 PM
Scanner Laws Timothy Scanner 4 October 22nd 03 07:28 AM