Old September 15th 10, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Hey DXACE .....

Although I can't find your post, I could swear you recently reported
hearing AFRTS Guam. If so, what was the time, freq, and signal level?
TNX.
Old September 15th 10, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DEFCON 88 wrote:

Although I can't find your post, I could swear you recently reported
hearing AFRTS Guam. If so, what was the time, freq, and signal level?
TNX.

'Twas not I, though I do recall someone reporting AFRTS recently...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 15th 10, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AFRTS GUAM.....

On Sep 15, 5:53*pm, dxAce wrote:
DEFCON 88 wrote:
Although I can't find your post, I could swear you recently reported
hearing AFRTS Guam. If so, what was the time, freq, and signal level?
TNX.

'Twas not I, though I do recall someone reporting AFRTS recently...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

OK, I sit corrected. Can the person who reported AFRTS Guam please
answer?

Old September 16th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DEFCON 88 wrote:
On Sep 15, 5:53 pm, wrote:
DEFCON 88 wrote:
Although I can't find your post, I could swear you recently reported
hearing AFRTS Guam. If so, what was the time, freq, and signal level?
TNX.

'Twas not I, though I do recall someone reporting AFRTS recently...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

OK, I sit corrected. Can the person who reported AFRTS Guam please
answer?

Unless you are a negro.
Old September 16th 10, 11:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Sep 15, 8:59*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Sep 15, 2:56*pm, DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 15, 5:53*pm, dxAce wrote:

DEFCON 88 wrote:
Although I can't find your post, I could swear you recently reported
hearing AFRTS Guam. If so, what was the time, freq, and signal level?
TNX.

'Twas not I, though I do recall someone reporting AFRTS recently...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

- - OK, I sit corrected.
- - Can the person who reported AFRTS Guam
- - please answer?

- Not meaning to steal his thunder, it was RHF who reported it on
- September 4 - here is an excerpt of his (typically lengthy ;-)
post...
-
- AFN Guam "CBS News Weekend Roundup" ID
- on 5765 kHz [USB] @ 09:29 UTC
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...840703b3b261e4
- AFN =http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/ShortWave.aspx
- Hearing CBS News Weekend Roundup talking
- about Afghanistan & SoD Gates & Taliban also
- Solders playing Video Games in their ODHs
- http://feeds.cbsnews.com/podcast_weekend_1
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBS_News_Weekend_Roundup
- http://www.westwoodone.com/program?programID=476&ACTION%28viewProgram....
- .
- S-Meter : S3~S6 [USB] with SIO : 444
-
- Hope this helps!

That would be me "RHF" doing the reporting on
the AFN* Shortwave Transmitters that I hear up
here in the California Foothills, Twain Harte, CA.

* Note I use "AFN" and not 'AFRTS'
"AFN" -for- 'American Forces Network'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Forces_Network

Here is a Search of Rec.Radio.Shortwave
-for- 'AFN' + 'RHF'
http://www.google.com/group/rec.radi...arch?q=AFN+RHF

Old September 19th 10, 05:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 16, 10:20*am, RHF wrote:
For Whatever Reason : I can 'receive' AFN Guam
[WestPac] but can not hear AFN Hawaii which
is closer to the California Foothills -while- I used
to here AFN Hawaii very well from Oakland, CA;
just a few years ago.

AFN Key West can be heard sometimes . . .

Just back from my DXpedition site at Jongensgat on the East Indian
Ocean coast. Heard:
4319usb @ 1549 AFN Diego Garcia
5675usb @ 1600 AFN Guam
8942usb @ 1455 Singapore and Manila wkg various a/c
5658usb @ 1558 Delhi wkg various a/c

Like RHF I haven't heard AFN Pearl Harbour for the last many months =
maybe they are off air?

John Plimmer, Montagu, Cape Province, South Africa
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
Old September 19th 10, 06:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default AFN Pearl Harbor's 6350 kHz ?Chinese Jamming? -was- AFRTS GUAM.....

On Sep 18, 9:05*pm, John Plimmer wrote:
On Sep 16, 10:20*am, RHF wrote:

For Whatever Reason : I can 'receive' AFN Guam
[WestPac] but can not hear AFN Hawaii which
is closer to the California Foothills -while- I used
to here AFN Hawaii very well from Oakland, CA;
just a few years ago.

AFN Key West can be heard sometimes . . .

Just back from my DXpedition site at Jongensgat on the East Indian
Ocean coast. Heard:
4319usb @ 1549 AFN Diego Garcia
5675usb @ 1600 AFN Guam
8942usb @ 1455 Singapore and Manila wkg various a/c
5658usb @ 1558 Delhi wkg various a/c

- Like RHF I haven't heard AFN Pearl Harbour
- for the last many months =
- maybe they are off air?

At one point a year or two ago : I was hearing Chinese
{Jammers?} on AFN Pearl Harbor's 6350 kHz side Freqs.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...61d2fafcc28c85
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...3146ab01f2c806

Since AFN Pearl Harbor is only Transmitting at 3 KW
using USB with an OD Antenna; a Chinese Transmitter
at 50~100 KW would make it a difficult listen.

~ RHF
Twain Harte, CA

DxAce Burr Shortwave 1 November 6th 07 11:40 AM
DXace Burr Shortwave 6 November 6th 07 01:12 AM
DXACE Oh DXACE kmg369 Shortwave 0 September 24th 07 03:57 AM
DxAce. Drifter Shortwave 8 September 2nd 06 05:14 PM
DXACE Oh DXACE kmg369 Shortwave 2 March 14th 05 06:44 PM