Old October 1st 10, 01:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Going down again

I need to re-do the software and the best way is to just reformat the "C"
dive and start over.

I just work when I have time so may begone a day or two.

Bye.

Old October 1st 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 30, 8:25*pm, "Just Plan Burr" wrote:
I need to re-do the software and the best way is to just reformat the "C"
dive and start over.

I just work when I have time so may begone a day or two.

Bye.

There are probably some pretty computer savvy people reading your
posts. If you describe the problem, maybe someone will have a
solution. Sure, I guess it'd be off topic for the group, but so are
90% of the other posts here and yours would be more interesting to
read than the vast majority of them.
Old October 1st 10, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Just Plan Burr wrote:
I need to re-do the software and the best way is to just reformat the "C"
dive and start over.

I just work when I have time so may begone a day or two.

Bye.

A copy of Puppy on a bootable CD is invaluable when troubleshooting a
desktop. It has a great partitioner (gparted).

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/

ftp://ftp.linux.hr/puppylinux/puppy-4.3.1/

Puppy 5 is Ubuntu-I don't like it.
Old October 1st 10, 02:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
On Sep 30, 8:25 pm, "Just Plan wrote:
I need to re-do the software and the best way is to just reformat the "C"
dive and start over.

I just work when I have time so may begone a day or two.

Bye.

There are probably some pretty computer savvy people reading your
posts. If you describe the problem, maybe someone will have a
solution. Sure, I guess it'd be off topic for the group, but so are
90% of the other posts here and yours would be more interesting to
read than the vast majority of them.

"C drive" was all I needed to hear. Windows is torture. Mac is soma.
Linux is fun, like computers before Windows.
Old October 1st 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You might check out
http://www.bootdisk.com
cuhulin

Old October 1st 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 1, 9:30*am, dave wrote:
Steve wrote:
On Sep 30, 8:25 pm, "Just Plan *wrote:
I need to re-do the software and the best way is to just reformat the "C"
dive and start over.

I just work when I have time so may begone a day or two.

Bye.

There are probably some pretty computer savvy people reading your
posts. If you describe the problem, maybe someone will have a
solution. Sure, I guess it'd be off topic for the group, but so are
90% of the other posts here and yours would be more interesting to
read than the vast majority of them.

"C drive" was all I needed to hear. Windows is torture. Mac is soma.
Linux is fun, like computers before Windows.

Linux is fun and I am always rooting for it. I would switch over to it
myself IF it were easier to install software without "breaking" your
system. I know there are steps you can take to make sure that an
installation isn't going to mess up your system and those are helpful,
but they don't give me anywhere near the reliability I'd need to
switch over to Linux completely.
Old October 1st 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

Linux is fun and I am always rooting for it. I would switch over to it
myself IF it were easier to install software without "breaking" your
system. I know there are steps you can take to make sure that an
installation isn't going to mess up your system and those are helpful,
but they don't give me anywhere near the reliability I'd need to
switch over to Linux completely.

I have a Linux EeePC that runs for months without a reboot. Windows is
way more likely to break something. A Live CD of Linux allows you to
check hardware compatibility, etc., without actually installing anything
(other than a deltas file if you so choose).