Old October 11th 10, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Geo-magnetic storm

Last night's geo-magnetic activity still causing some anomalies here
in the midwest. Enhanced N-S propagation but poor E-W propagation.
Kp=4 unsettled.

Jim(MI)
Old October 12th 10, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 11, 4:04*pm, wrote:
Last night's geo-magnetic activity still causing some anomalies here
in the midwest. Enhanced N-S propagation but poor E-W propagation.
Kp=4 unsettled.

Jim(MI)

Noise levels very high here, though I was able to snag RASD,
Western Sahara on 6248.35 at 2320 in Arabic.

Mike
Louisville, KY
Old October 13th 10, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 06:07:16 -0800, dave wrote:

Mike wrote:
On Oct 11, 4:04 pm, wrote:
Last night's geo-magnetic activity still causing some anomalies here
in the midwest. Enhanced N-S propagation but poor E-W propagation.
Kp=4 unsettled.

Jim(MI)

Noise levels very high here, though I was able to snag RASD,
Western Sahara on 6248.35 at 2320 in Arabic.

Mike
Louisville, KY

I autologged Mozambique on 40 meters last night. This is unusual.

C91JE 40m PSK31 17103 kms 04:03:07

my QTH is 34.4, -118.4

Cool.
I managed to work Togo today SSB 20 meters 2230UT.
Also, 8J1RL was blasting in from Antarctica on 20 meters this evening.
Tried a few times to work him but every ham on this side of the planet
was calling him.

What software and hardware are you using for PSK?

Jim(MI)
Old October 20th 10, 06:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 12, 4:07*pm, dave wrote:
Mike wrote:
On Oct 11, 4:04 pm, wrote:
Last night's geo-magnetic activity still causing some anomalies here
in the midwest. Enhanced N-S propagation but poor E-W propagation.
Kp=4 unsettled.

Jim(MI)

Noise levels very high here, though I was able to snag RASD,
Western Sahara on 6248.35 at 2320 in Arabic.

Mike
Louisville, KY

I autologged Mozambique on 40 meters last night. This is unusual.

C91JE * 40m * * PSK31 * 17103 kms * * * 04:03:07

my QTH is 34.4, -118.4

Just trolling around when I saw this message; thanks for the reception
report. That was indeed an unusual day, as grey line enhancement was
off the chart! We're GMT +2 here, so that was definitely at the end of
the grey line. I had been on the radio about 2 hours at that point.
What made the morning fun was that I'd copy two US hams going back and
forth on the nice band conditions, then I'd call them back after their
QSO ended. I was enjoying the mental image of coffee cups being
knocked over. A couple of guys got pretty excited.

I was working the entire continental US at that time with no problem--
not bad, since my powerhouse consists of a Yaesu FT-897D (barefoot,
30w) into a half length G5RV at about 30ft/10m. While I have it
oriented so a lobe favors the US, on 40m I notice very little
directionality. Truly a special day.

Best 73,

John, C91JE/N9MDH
Maputo, Mozambique

Magnetic monopoles tom Antenna 1 September 7th 09 11:56 AM
Re Magnetic Loop !!! Lee Antenna 53 October 11th 05 08:41 AM
Magnetic Loop !!! Lee Antenna 32 October 2nd 05 11:53 PM
(OT) Magnetic Energy Perhaps? [email protected] Shortwave 2 September 10th 05 01:18 AM
Geo - Magnetic storm Fred Burgess Shortwave 8 October 29th 03 05:15 AM