Old October 22nd 10, 07:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Take : The NASB 2010 International Shortwave Survey

On Oct 22, 4:14*am, RHF wrote:
The NASB 2010 International Shortwave Surveyhttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6LRVLJ7

NASB = National Association of Shortwave Broadcastershttp://www.shortwave.org/

and now you know . . .
cause you just read it here ~ RHF
*.
Shortwave Listener QSL Reports :http://tinyurl.com/2d9qlqhttp://www....er-qsl-reports
*.
- = 2FN6XOG = - & - = 2D9QLQ = -
*.
*.

Well, that was fun, thanks! I hope the info is helpful. I would have
liked to see some other questions - one bit of trivia that would not
be apparent from their questioning would be whether or not QSLs are
collected from stations not in one's main language.
Old October 22nd 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 22, 11:57*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Oct 22, 4:14*am, RHF wrote:

The NASB 2010 International Shortwave Surveyhttp://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6LRVLJ7

NASB = National Association of Shortwave Broadcasters http://www.shortwave.org/

and now you know . . .
cause you just read it here ~ RHF
*.
Shortwave Listener QSL Reports :http://tinyurl.com/2d9qlqhttp://www....ortwave-listen...
*.
- = 2FN6XOG = - & - = 2D9QLQ = -
*.
*.

Well, that was fun, thanks! *I hope the info is helpful. *I would have
liked to see some other questions - one bit of trivia that would not
be apparent from their questioning would be whether or not QSLs are
collected from stations not in one's main language.

BpnJ,

One gets the Idea . . . TRhe NASB Survey was really
a Survey as to whether you would "Buy" a new DRM
Shortwave Radio Receiver . . .
http://www.worlddxclub.org.uk/WDXC_NASB-msg.html
-or- http://edxcnews.wordpress.com/

A - These were About your Present Day SWL :
# How long you have been listening to shortwave
# How many shortwave receivers do you have and what kind
# Where do you buy your shortwave receivers
# Do you take shortwave receivers with you when you travel
# How many hours per week do you listen to shortwave
# Are you an amateur radio operator
# Which shortwave stations do you listen to most
# What types of programs do you most like to listen to on shortwave,
and in what languages

B - This was About your Internet Audio Content
Listening of Shortwave Origination :
# Do you listen to international radio broadcasts on other media such
as Internet and mobile phones

C - These were About DRM Broadcasting and
Listening to DRM Shortwave Broadcasts and
"BUYING" a DRM Receiver . . .
# Do you listen to DRM broadcasts
# How much would you be willing to pay for a DRM receiver

well at least that was my impression of the nasb
survey - looking for the hidden agenda ~ RHF
Old October 23rd 10, 03:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 22, 4:14*am, RHF wrote:

[...]

You might be right. They only left three choices for what you'd pay
for a DRM RX, and none of them was -0- (my preferred choice). I hope
everybody puts down no more than $100.
Old October 23rd 10, 09:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 22, 4:14*am, RHF wrote:

[...]

I have the Ten-Tec RX-320"D" HF Receiverhttp://www.tentec.com/index.php?id=15http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/commrxvr/0321.html
"D" capable of receiving DRM SW Broadcasts
But never have used it for DRM...so far... ~ RHF

World Wide "A10" DRM Shortwave Broadcast Schedulehttp://www.drm-dx.de/

I have been told that on the West Coast of the USA
the Radio New Zealand International [RNZI] has DRM
Shortwave Broadcasts that are very good sounding
...ah-some-day-may-be-...
0759-1058 UTC Daily on 7440 kHz
-also- 1059-1158 UTC
1551-1850 UTC Daily on 6170 kHz
0459-0758 UTC Daily on 11,675 kHz
-also- 2050-2150 UTC
1851-1950 UTC Daily on 9890 kHz
-also- 1951-2050 UTC
2151-0458 UTC Daily on 15,720 kHz

? DRM = Digital Radio Mondialehttp://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/commrxvr/drm.html
*.
-some-thing-new- "DRM Software Radio" Websitehttp://www.drmrx.org/
*.
*.

Roy, here on the West Coast, RNZI sounds great on regular AM! :-D
Old October 23rd 10, 11:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"bpnjensen" wrote in message
Roy, here on the West Coast, RNZI sounds great on regular AM! :-D

I always got it great and I was on the back side of the mountain Ridgecrest!

Old October 24th 10, 02:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Oct 23, 3:32*pm, "Just Plan Burr" wrote:
"bpnjensen" wrote in message

Roy, here on the West Coast, RNZI sounds great on regular AM! :-D

- I always got it great and I was on the back side
of the mountain Ridgecrest!

BURR,

Got distant 'family' exUSMC going through the
Federal [PM] Police Training down a China Lake.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...china-lake.htm

WTF is . . . China Lake . . .
http://www.navair.navy.mil/nawcwd/ma...california.gif

Ridgecrest, CA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridgecrest,_California

it is good to just listen and learn ~ RHF

Old October 24th 10, 01:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Just Plan Burr wrote:
wrote in message
Roy, here on the West Coast, RNZI sounds great on regular AM! :-D

I always got it great and I was on the back side of the mountain Ridgecrest!

It depends on the age of their transmitter tubes. They're strong for a
couple years, then they get weaker and weaker.
Old October 24th 10, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Just Plan Burr wrote:
I'm in The Philippines now!

WTF is . . . China Lake . . .
http://www.navair.navy.mil/nawcwd/ma...california.gif

China Lake is where they teach Navy guys how to be infantry.