RadioBanter

-   -   Radio hardware is helping "break" SW ... (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/155264-radio-hardware-helping-break-sw.html)

John Smith October 31st 10 11:17 PM

Radio hardware is helping "break" SW ...

On 10/31/2010 12:59 PM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

The question you should be asking is which SW broadcasters really care about
you?

Geoff.

Well, for whatever reason, you wish to put great importance on 3rd world
countries ... that is just stupid ... this latest response is about as
stupid ... what, I am supposed to be upset if broadcasters ignore
listeners to the point of going extinct? I am supposed to be upset I am
not important enough to be, PERSONALLY, noticed by them?--Are you
delusional along with being both ignorant and stupid?

Let's see if I am not correct ... they go the way of the dinosaur ...
unless some change saves them ... that "save" is not on the near horizon ...

Regards,
JS

John Smith November 1st 10 01:02 AM

Radio hardware is helping "break" SW ...

On 10/31/2010 5:57 PM, John Smith wrote:

God, gold, guns, food, shelter, medicine, etc. I was a Boy Scout, yanno'?

Regards,
JS

Did I mention the picture of my wife, in my wallet? The pictures of my
kids? The picture of Jesus? I am quite complete, yanno'? wink

Regards,
JS

RHF November 1st 10 01:26 AM

Radio hardware is helping "break" SW ...

On Oct 31, 8:52*am, John Smith wrote:
On 10/31/2010 6:59 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

However you never know, it turns out that according to a recent study,
now floating around the internet, there are more people in India with
cell phones than people who have access to a private (or any) toilet.

Geoff.

See, you are still thinking in hardware, models, a "new one", etc., etc. ....

If SDR goes mass production, there will be few "models", more like one
model per manufacturer. *The SDR will like be priced $19.95-$99.95USD,
depending on how extravagant you wish to go ... and, of course, the
$100USD one will have the processor onboard ...

Regards,
JS

"JS",

Better put a $100 "Global Learning Tax" on Each and
Every HDTV & PC to Fund FREE {No-Cost} FreePlay
AM/FM/SW Radios for the Poor and Underprivileged
of the World. *** {Sold in USA & EU & Japan}

RHF November 1st 10 08:47 PM

Radio hardware is helping "break" SW ...

On Nov 1, 7:08*am, dave wrote:
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
John Smith wrote:
... but then, who really cares about 3rd world nations?

The question you should be asking is which SW broadcasters really care about
you?

Geoff.

You say that like "shortwave" is something other than an informal name
for a span of frequencies. It's always been "International"
broadcasting. It used to be shortwave, then shortwave and satellite. Now
it's satellite, web stream, and a smattering of HF; but it's still
International broadcasting. Yes, they care enough about me to allow to
listen 24/7 static free.

- It is a huge expense (and waste of electricity)
- to beam via HF. No frugal government in their
- right mind can justify the expense.

'Special Dave' Government Exist To Waste
The Tax Payers Tax Moneys [.]

A Politician would say . . .
Damn the Expense ! The People Have To Hear Me.

RHF November 1st 10 09:08 PM

Radio hardware is helping "break" SW ...

On Nov 1, 8:25*am, John Smith wrote:
On 11/1/2010 1:08 AM, RHF wrote:

The austere 'Cabin' place that you are going 'to'
from your nice comfortable Home is anywhere
from 3x~30x more better than the simple place
that most of the people of the 3rd World call
their home and has to live-in daily; just to exist
one day and survive to the next.

It is here I must caution you, it does no good. *Remember when we used
to challenge ourselves against excellence and those who did better or
beat us? *Remember Sputnik? *The russians got a satellite up there
first? *We went into a major race against them and whipped their little
behinds?

Then, remember this "new crowd" who constantly measures us against 3rd
world nations? *And, how, in the end, it has brought us down to near 3rd
world status?; *And, we even fall further as I write this?

Comparing us against 3rd world nations and causing guilt feelings for
excellence is sicko. *Homosexuals and godless morons persist in this
practice, for what reason, I do not know ... perhaps a symptom of their
disease ...

What I do know is we need to measure ourselves against the best. *We
need to constantly challenge ourselves to do better than what we have
done before; *Better than what we did yesterday ... mindless,
un-excelling goons, simpletons and idiots measure themselves against
poverty, defeat, starvation, failure, slovenly behaviors, laziness, etc.

Why these sick b*st*rds are left unchallenged to coax Americans, through
guilt and deception, into failure and 3rd world status simply disgusts
me ... but we seem to have an abundance of these fools here with us ...

Regards,
JS

"JS" You did not get the Message of my Post.

You American 'High-Tech' Solutions : Don't Often
Work in The-3rd-World.

Simply The-3rd-World needs practical soultions
that takes what they have begins to build on it.

The-3rd-World = American circa 1850

PC -oops- No Internet Service & No AC Power
-but- Plenty of Human Muscle Power to Crank
a Radio.

Car/Truck -oop- No Roads & No Fuel
-but- Plenty of Human Muscle Power to Peddle
a Bicycle or Push a Hand Cart with Pneumatic
Wheels.

Build Upon What The-3rd-World Has Today : Then
Start Building For A New and Better Future For
The-3rd-World in the following days and years...

the foundation of generational societal change
is the education of the children ~ RHF©
* creating new ideas for a better future
* creating new exceptions for a better future
* creating a new and better future from the
foundation {children} up

RHF November 1st 10 09:11 PM

On Nov 1, 1:07*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
John Smith wrote:
Remember Sputnik? *The russians got a satellite up there
first? *We went into a major race against them and whipped their little
behinds?

- And the irony is that as we retire the space shuttle,
- we are left to depend on those same "little behinds"
-
- --
-
- Operator Bob
- Echo Charlie 42

More Simpler, More Practical and More Sustainable !

Low Cost & High Value & Good ROI

Joe from Kokomo[_2_] November 2nd 10 01:05 AM

On 11/1/2010 11:25 AM, John Smith wrote:
Why these sick b*st*rds are left unchallenged to coax Americans, through
guilt and deception, into failure and 3rd world status simply disgusts
me ... but we seem to have an abundance of these fools here with us ...

Regards,
JS

Probably us falling into 'third world status' has nothing to do with
your 'guilt and deception'.

I think you are overlooking the obvious. The USA is just too expensive
any more. First to Mexico, now China and India and probably Africa after
that.

A race to the bottom. :-(

RHF November 2nd 10 02:35 AM

On Nov 1, 6:05*pm, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 11/1/2010 11:25 AM, John Smith wrote:

Why these sick b*st*rds are left unchallenged to coax Americans, through
guilt and deception, into failure and 3rd world status simply disgusts
me ... but we seem to have an abundance of these fools here with us ...

Regards,
JS

Probably us falling into 'third world status' has nothing to do with
your 'guilt and deception'.

I think you are overlooking the obvious. The USA is just too expensive
any more. First to Mexico, now China and India and probably Africa after
that.

A race to the bottom. * :-(

Auto Workers in GM's Mexican Plants get $26
per Day versus $28 per Hour in the USA.

Prez Obama the American Job Exterminator
and US Business Destroyer
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...2ff62b2b257021

But you still get to pay for the Car/Truck
in US$ not Mexican Pesos. ~ RHF

John Smith November 2nd 10 03:04 AM

On 11/1/2010 1:07 PM, Bob Dobbs wrote:

And the irony is that as we retire the space shuttle,
we are left to depend on those same "little behinds"

I find the irony to be we are not yet attempting terra-forming or
colonizing planets ... perhaps the moon first, to work out the technical
problems ...

Regards,
JS

John Smith November 2nd 10 03:55 AM

On 11/1/2010 6:05 PM, Joe from Kokomo wrote:

Probably us falling into 'third world status' has nothing to do with
your 'guilt and deception'.

I think you are overlooking the obvious. The USA is just too expensive
any more. First to Mexico, now China and India and probably Africa after
that.

A race to the bottom. :-(

You are simply telling me what my treasonous-criminal-public-servants
are doing ... yes, we are going to have to tell them NO! Put high
tariffs on all imports, bring jobs back to American, we are NOT
interested in participating in a world government, world society, or
world anything ... we want things fixed ... there is not anything we
can't do for ourselves ... and we sure as heck don't need cheap slave
labor in other countries to make banksters and wall street rich.

And yes, the public servants who think they have usurped power are
racing us towards the bottom and economic slavery ... I want them and
the banksters and wall street there ...

Regards,
JS