Old November 4th 10, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Got A Free Radio, Have a Question...

On Nov 4, 8:22*am, wrote:
If you have plastic water pipes, or a plastic water pipe from your water
meter to your home, grounding to plastic will not work, not for
grounding.I had plastic PEX pipes installed in my house not many years
ago.The water pipe from my water meter to my house is plastic PEX.
cuhulin

For High-Raise Apartment Renters / Condo Owners
that can not get to the Ground and have Plastic
Pipes :

Take a Treaded Copper Fitting and Solder a #14
Bare Copper Wire to the inside of it.
http://image.shutterstock.com/displa...g-35440120.jpg

The Copper Wire should be at least 8 Feet long
and can be up to 25 Feet.

Turn-off the Water and remove a Cold Water Fitting*
that is coming right out of the Wall : 'Fish' the
Bare Copper Wire down the Plastic Pipe; and then
install the Copper Fitting.

* Usually under the Kitchen or Bathroom Sinks :
Usually these Pipes drop straight-down.

Put a Metal Ground Clamp or Hose Clamp on the
Copper Fitting.

You now have your High-Raise Ground-Point.

not the best but often does work - iane ~ RHF