Old December 12th 10, 02:26 AM
Junior Member

Default Hallicrafter receiver

I have an old Hallicrafter sx140, that has 4 screw terminals on the rear chassis. I would like to know what they are used for. The other sets of terminals are the antenna , ground, and speaker. Please let me know. Thanks
Old December 12th 10, 05:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/11/2010 9:26 PM, Dirty Diaper wrote:
I have an old Hallicrafter sx140, that has 4 screw terminals on the rear
chassis. I would like to know what they are used for. The other sets of
terminals are the antenna , ground, and speaker. Please let me know.
Thanks

It's two pairs of contacts that close when you put the receiver into
the 'standby' position. They're used when you interface the receiver
with a transmitter.

The manual for the receiver can be found he

http://liberty.3950.net/sx140.djvu

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--