Old December 20th 10, 05:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Lafayette Radio & TV Corp

On Dec 20, 8:23*am, wrote:
Laffyet,Louisiana.Lafayette County in Indiana.

Bowling Green,,,,,, Sewing Machine! ~ Sidney Portier.

- There is a Bowling Green area in New York City too.
- cuhulin

Bowling Green 'Park Area' (New York City)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowling...w_York_City%29
Old December 20th 10, 05:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I was thinkin Bowling Green like in/on Lawn Bowling, you know what I
mean, Vern?

Amen, ~ Sidney Portia - Lilies of the Field movie.It's TCM once in a
while.
cuhulin

Old December 21st 10, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Late 18th Century Rural Distractions

http://www.devilfinder.com
History of Lawn Bowling

(and Sewing Machines too)

I don't think anybody around here does any Lawn Bowling.I do Lawn Mowing
when it needs it.

Show me where that lawn mower oil drain plug is!
cuhulin

Old December 21st 10, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.devilfinder.com
Irish Road Bowling

I have seen it on tee vee before.You would not want to be getting in the
way!

GIVE BLOOD.PLAY RUGBY!
cuhulin

Old December 21st 10, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default The Old Town 'Bowling Green' : The Original Field-of-Dreams . . .

On Dec 21, 5:31*am, dave wrote:
wrote:
I was thinkin Bowling Green like in/on Lawn Bowling, you know what I
mean, Vern?

Amen, ~ Sidney Portia - Lilies of the Field movie.It's TCM once in a
while.
cuhulin

Lawn Bowling during the American Revolution? Between planting 10 acres
of corn and chasing the Indians into the hills; when you've had enough
of working on your permanent house so your cabin can be available for
next summer's settlers; you go ****ing lawn bowling?!?

D'Oh! 'Special Dave'
The Legend of Rip Van Winkle
and Men Playing Nine-Pins . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rip_Van_Winkle

"Skittles" -aka- Nine-Pin {Yard} Bowling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skittles_%28sport%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine-pin_bowling#Origins
Old December 21st 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Late 18th Century Rural Distractions : Bocce Ball & Lawn Bowling& Nine Pins

On Dec 21, 8:15*am, wrote:
http://www.devilfinder.com
History of Lawn Bowling

(and Sewing Machines too)

I don't think anybody around here does any Lawn Bowling.I do Lawn Mowing
when it needs it.

Show me where that lawn mower oil drain plug is!
cuhulin

Quite a few people up here do "Bocce Ball"
in the open air . . .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bocce_Ball

-related-to- "Bowls" -aka- Lawn Bowling
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowls

Use to be a Lawn Bowling Club at Lake Merritt
in Oakland where you could see the Lawn Bowlers
dressed in their 'Whites' playing on 'The Green' )
http://oaklandbowls.homestead.com/
http://oaklandnorth.net/2009/09/21/g...e-at-the-lake/

The Old Town 'Bowling Green' : The Original Field-of-Dreams . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...959d6b73f8c0b4
Nine-Pin {Yard} Bowling -wrt- "Skittles"
Old December 21st 10, 05:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Rip Van Winkle? Believe it or not, this part of Jackson I live in,
before it was incorporated into Jackson, was known as Van Winkle.

http://www.devilfinder.com
The oldest game in America is Stickball

http://www.50states.com/facts/miss.htm

Mississippi Choctaw Indians.
cuhulin

Old December 22nd 10, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/21/2010 1:06 PM, m II wrote:

The oil should be changed and the engine run for a while before you
store the thing for the winter.

Bzzzztttt! Wrong!

Change oil before storage? Yes!

Run it for awhile before storage? NO!!!

This just adds combustion products and water that is going to lie in the
oil all winter.