Old December 28th 10, 04:45 PM posted to alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.economics

Default Bootleg Lightbulbs Coming to California

On 12/28/2010 05:48 AM, Joe from Kokomo wrote:
On 12/28/2010 2:48 AM, Ered China Luin wrote:

Do you have cite in California law that incandescent bulbs will be
sold? I
mean
other than one lone wingnut.

Sheldon wrote:

http://www.energy.ca.gov/2010publica...0-2010-012.PDF

On 12/28/2010 2:48 AM, Ered China Luin wrote:

That's nice. Can't you refine it to a single paragraph?

a) He answered your request

b) The citation DOES have a Table of Contents

I would respectfully suggest that you do a -little- of your own homework.

Wow. The guy with 2 last names has a lawyer.

Old December 28th 10, 04:47 PM posted to alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.economics

On 12/28/2010 05:51 AM, Sid9 wrote:

.
Is the shortage of food making Americans fat?

They are fat because they eat too much meat. Way too much meat. The more
beef you eat the more you look like a steer.
Old December 28th 10, 05:09 PM posted to alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.economics

On 10-12-28 09:45 AM, dave wrote:

Wow. The guy with 2 last names has a lawyer.

Is that unusual?

mikey darrow-bryan

Old December 28th 10, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 12/28/2010 5:51 AM, Sid9 wrote:

Is the shortage of food making Americans fat?

Debatable, however shortages of education are making them fools, like you!

ROFLOL

Regards,
JS
Old December 28th 10, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ann-Margret.Two first names?
I saw her in person with Bob Hope's U.S.O.show at Shannon Wright
Compound (near Vinh Long) in 1964.
cuhulin

Old December 28th 10, 05:57 PM posted to alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.economics

On 12/28/2010 12:32 AM, Sheldon Cooper wrote:

Now we're being forced to buy light blubs that are toxic,

Well, the fluorescent 4 foot tubes that we have been using for the last
fifty years contain waaay more mercury than than the CFLs, but
surprisingly, no one is wetting their pants over those tubes.

Finally, because the CFLs use way less electricity, the POWER PLANTS put
a lot less mercury in the environment. So looking at the big picture and
the total environment, CFLs add way less mercury burden.

more expensive,

Yes, they are more expensive -- newer technology, longer life (see
below). You get what you pay for.

fades artwork, furniture and wall paper,

Why? Same number of lumens output as the incandescents that they replace
and the same color temperature (in degrees Kelvin) of the incandescents
they replace. No scientific reason in the world why they would make
things fade faster. This "complaint" is pure hokum.

and tend to burn out at about the same rate as real light bulbs.

Not true unless you are buying the really, really cheap "Brand X" CFLs.
It is a -proven- fact that decent CFLs have a much longer life than
incandescents.
Old December 28th 10, 06:19 PM posted to alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.economics

On 12/28/10 11:57 , Joe from Kokomo wrote:

fades artwork, furniture and wall paper,

Why? Same number of lumens output as the incandescents that they replace
and the same color temperature (in degrees Kelvin) of the incandescents
they replace. No scientific reason in the world why they would make
things fade faster. This "complaint" is pure hokum.

Actually, it's not.

Flourescents do not produce the same spectra as incandescents.
They may have the same average color temperature, but like white
LED's, with a higher blue and UV output than incandescents, the
'warm' white color temperature, is achieved by adding red output to
the phosphor until the average color temperature is about the same
as an incandescent, and the eye can't discern a difference. The
average is the same, but the actual spectra produced are
dramatically different.

Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
pigments exposed.

and tend to burn out at about the same rate as real light bulbs.

Not true unless you are buying the really, really cheap "Brand X" CFLs.
It is a -proven- fact that decent CFLs have a much longer life than
incandescents.

I have had to replace my CFL's at about the same rate as average
price incandescents. Brand appears to be irrelevant. Cheap generic,
or branded GE and Philips, the failure rate is about the same.

In fact, the longest life bulb I've ever used was Halogena by
Philips. More than twice the life of any CFL's I've used, or Philips
non-halogen tungsten.

Old December 28th 10, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Wait untill Bootleg Shootin Irons.
Durn Tootin! ~ George ''Gabby'' Hayes.
cuhulin

Old December 28th 10, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

When I went over to my sisters and brother in law's house on Christmas
day, I looked up at those two light fixtures in their living room/dining
room area.One of those light fixtures (dining room) I counted seven
twirly CFLs, the light fixture in their living room with the ceiling
fan, I think there were five of those twirly CFLs.They were Bright! too.

http://www.devilfinder.com
More creepy stuff Ceiling lights send coded internet data

Also at http://www.rense.com

A guy said his butt sends coded data and his wife leaves the room
immediately.
cuhulin

Old December 28th 10, 06:59 PM posted to alt.politics.liberalism,alt.politics.usa,alt.fan.rush-limbaugh,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.politics.economics

On 12/28/2010 10:19 AM, D. Peter Maus wrote:

Yes, flourescents do promote more rapid fading, depending on the
pigments exposed.

If fluorescents provide that type of attack on the chemical coloring,
oxidation, weakening of bonds, etc., then I would expect an equal attack
on bacteria organisms ... perhaps a noticeable germicidal effect ...
wow, maybe my lights are giving me added benefits!

Regards,
JS

OT- Could see it coming BCBlazysusan Shortwave 379 April 14th 09 08:54 AM
Steve Quayle / Stan Deyo / California QUAKE coming up ??? Al Patrick Shortwave 1 December 29th 04 05:07 AM
COMING SOON! N8WWM CB 0 October 26th 04 06:18 PM
Bush Lies: They keep coming and coming Twistedhed CB 0 June 10th 04 07:56 PM
===> COMING !!! <=== Nobody You Know Shortwave 0 December 21st 03 02:47 AM