Old January 16th 11, 07:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Inline Isolators for RFI reduction ?

Question to those who may have used one - Do inline isolators work
well on RX? Such as those sold by Radioworks?

Thanks,
Bruce Jensen

Old January 16th 11, 08:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/16/2011 11:24 AM, bpnjensen wrote:
Question to those who may have used one - Do inline isolators work
well on RX? Such as those sold by Radioworks?

Thanks,
Bruce Jensen

That is complete overkill for receive only.

These are great folks. Whether you buy a half dozen or a pallet, they
treat you right.

http://www.minicircuits.com/cgi-bin/...rch_type=model

Old January 16th 11, 08:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/16/2011 11:24 AM, bpnjensen wrote:
Question to those who may have used one - Do inline isolators work
well on RX? Such as those sold by Radioworks?

Thanks,
Bruce Jensen

Yes, amateurs have been rolling their own for a long time, most often
referred to as "traps" on an amateur antenna. Allows operation over
multiple bands when wire lengths are cut and tuned correctly ...

Regards,
JS

Old January 16th 11, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 16, 11:24*am, bpnjensen wrote:
Question to those who may have used one - Do inline isolators work
well on RX? *Such as those sold by Radioworks?

Thanks,
Bruce Jensen

BpnJ : Why are you considering an Inline Isolator ?

1st and "Inline Isolator" requires inserting something
'in-the-line' in the Antenna to Radio Feed-in-Line.

2nd the "Inline Isolator" requires two more Connections
{Joints} in the Antenna to Radio Feed-in-Line.

*If* Your Antenna to Radio Feed-in-Line is less that
150 Feet : Then most likely you do not need an
"Inline Isolator".

*If* Your Antenna to Radio Feed-in-Line is on-the-ground
or buried-under-the-ground a few inches : Then most
likely you do not need an "Inline Isolator".

However : If your Antenna to Radio Feed-in-Line is
In-the-Air {Overhead} from Tree to House : Then may
be you could use and "Inline Isolator" at the House
entry-point with another Grounding Point/Ground Rod.

The "Correct Way" to Install a Longwire Antenna and Balun
by Wellbrook = http://www.wellbrook.uk.com/longwire.html
We have all most likely done it the wrong way more than once . . .
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...5cc467b35a70d5
Old January 17th 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 16, 1:34*pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

*.
*.

Short answer - I am getting desperate over the noise level here.
Grasping at straws.

The fellow I spoke to who makes these things said they are best used
as close to the receiver input as possible.

Old January 17th 11, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 16, 12:00*pm, dave wrote:
On 01/16/2011 11:24 AM, bpnjensen wrote:

Question to those who may have used one - Do inline isolators work
well on RX? *Such as those sold by Radioworks?

Thanks,
Bruce Jensen

That is complete overkill for receive only.

These are great folks. Whether you buy a half dozen or a pallet, they
treat you right.

http://www.minicircuits.com/cgi-bin/...1.18-3-X65%2B&....

Thanks, Dave, but I am afraid I don't even know what these devices are
or how they'd be used.
Old January 17th 11, 01:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jan 16, 1:34*pm, RHF wrote:
[...]

Thanks - I see the Wellbrook diagrams. Believe me, If I had the
space, that's how I'd do it. I have a tiny lot with the house plopped
right in the center, power lines fore and aft and neighbors by the
bushel within a hundred feet. My wire, by necessity, must go over my
rooftop. In all other respects, it is built roughly as you see in the
"good" diagram.

The isolator is a last resort.
Old January 17th 11, 01:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1/16/2011 5:08 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

Thanks, Dave, but I am afraid I don't even know what these devices are
or how they'd be used.

This might help:
http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio/?how...-traps-work,88

Regards,
JS
Old January 17th 11, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/16/2011 05:07 PM, bpnjensen wrote:
On Jan 16, 1:34 pm, wrote:
On Jan 16, 11:24 am, wrote:

[...]

.
.

Short answer - I am getting desperate over the noise level here.
Grasping at straws.

The fellow I spoke to who makes these things said they are best used
as close to the receiver input as possible.

You gotta build a loop.
Old January 17th 11, 01:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/16/2011 05:17 PM, John Smith wrote:
On 1/16/2011 5:08 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

Thanks, Dave, but I am afraid I don't even know what these devices are
or how they'd be used.

This might help:
http://www.iw5edi.com/ham-radio/?how...-traps-work,88

Regards,
JS

A tuned loop will give you a fighting chance. I think Ace's bud in
Chitown has one. Peter somebody...

Source for Isolators ? Ed Antenna 3 August 25th 09 05:16 PM
Dummy Loads, 900 mhz Isolators, 30 DB isolation ports [email protected] Swap 0 December 3rd 07 02:55 PM
Can't receive when Dentron amp is inline Chuck W. Boatanchors 5 April 11th 05 11:08 AM
SWR meter, inline, non-resistive, led John Smith Homebrew 2 April 8th 05 02:12 PM
Circulators, reflectometers, scatterometers, isolators, waves, etc, etc... Peter O. Brackett Antenna 0 November 13th 03 11:00 AM