Old January 17th 11, 05:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default M0UKD's 9:1 Magnetic Long Wire Balun [UnUn] -A-'How-To'-In-Pictures-

**RHF wrote :
M0UKD's 9:1 Magnetic Long Wire Balun [UnUn]

-A-'How-To'-In-Pictures-

http://www.m0ukd.com/Magnetic_Long_Wire_UnUn/index.php

John Parfrey [M0UKD] is located in the UK
http://theparfreys.com/

why not try wrapping your own ;-} ~ RHF
.
.

Hi,

Thanks for the tip. I see the wiring is not exactly the one proposed
here : http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx.../9_1balun.html

On M0UKD's design, the common point is the coax feed line, on HCDX
design, it is the ground point.

Which one will provide best results ?

I'm currently using the HCDX design (with ground connected to radio AND
a buried piece of wire in my yard) and I'm happy with it, so I might
just stick with that :-). But I'm always ready to improve...

Charly

SWL Newbies : The Magnetic Long-Wire Antenna Balun - A Balun It Ain't RHF Shortwave 0 March 29th 08 05:23 PM
Balun vs. Unun John Smith Shortwave 34 January 5th 07 02:08 AM
Long/random-wire balun and grounding Q (longish) clvrmnky Antenna 35 March 16th 05 07:06 PM
Balun/Unun help please. John - G0WPA Antenna 6 December 10th 04 08:30 AM
Long Wire Balun Cecil Moore Antenna 16 February 25th 04 01:26 AM