Old January 27th 11, 07:35 PM
Junior Member

Location: West Haven, Utah
Unhappy Why does the reception in Utah suck so bad?

Being originally from Boston I sure miss the reception I once had. If this keeps up I will have to sell my highly coveted collection of SWL radios which I would hate to do.
__________________
Panasonic RF2200
Sony 2010
Old January 28th 11, 01:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Why does the reception in Utah suck so bad?

--
jberenyi

When I lived in Ogden, UT, I got great reception. Much more Asian DX
than I hear now, living in KY.

Mike
Old January 28th 11, 01:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Have you tried working with your antennas? How about a nice wet ground?

--
Burr
Big, Lean, Mean and Clean.

I'm a member of The Tea Party, I VOTE

Old January 28th 11, 02:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 27, 11:35*am, jberenyi
wrote:
- Being originally from Boston
- I sure miss the reception I once had.
-*If this keeps up I will have to sell my highly coveted
- collection of SWL radios which I would hate to do.
-
- --
- jberenyi

JBERENYI,
Old January 28th 11, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Are nearby high mountains blocking the signals?

Old January 29th 11, 12:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I tried to post this yesterday but some how it didn't go.

Check and work with your antennas change direction, check you ground for
radio and antenna.

Old January 29th 11, 01:33 PM
Junior Member

Location: West Haven, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFCON 88 View Post
Are nearby high mountains blocking the signals?
Yes. The Wasatch Mountains.
__________________
Panasonic RF2200
Sony 2010
Old January 29th 11, 06:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 01/29/2011 05:33 AM, jberenyi wrote:
DEFCON 88;730973 Wrote:
Are nearby high mountains blocking the signals?

Yes. The Wasatch Mountains.

I am surrounded by canyon ridges on 3 sides, reception of HF is not
materially affected.
Old January 29th 11, 06:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11-01-29 11:00 AM, dave wrote:

I am surrounded by canyon ridges on 3 sides, reception of HF is not
materially affected.

There's material there for a new Zane Grey novel..can you steal some cattle?

mike

(OT) Utah Mine Accident. dxAce Shortwave 2 August 17th 07 11:35 PM
New AM station today in Utah KUTR 820 KHz radioman390 Shortwave 2 May 10th 05 12:12 AM
Utah listeners Bruce Wilson Shortwave 2 February 16th 05 05:12 AM
Newbie questions from southern Utah Funky Trilobyte Shortwave 6 March 13th 04 05:25 AM
Ham Radio Store In Utah? Dick Swap 3 August 20th 03 07:16 AM