Old February 5th 11, 06:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 2-5-2011 - R. Verdad (tent)

2-5-2011, GUATEMALA, R. Verdad (tent), 4052.5 AM, very weak SS,
apparent conversation, SINPO 15231. Not sure what they are using for
a TX now, but fair signal.

Bruce Jensen, CA, USA
R75 & 60 foot random wire
Old February 5th 11, 06:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 11-02-04 11:05 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

2-5-2011, GUATEMALA, R. Verdad (tent), 4052.5 AM, very weak SS,
apparent conversation, SINPO 15231. Not sure what they are using for
a TX now, but fair signal.

Bruce Jensen, CA, USA
R75& 60 foot random wire

Bruce, could you check 1480 Khz AM? I think it's from Texas. Spanish
speaking. I got it some months ago, but not much luck lately.

mike
Old February 5th 11, 01:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/04/2011 10:05 PM, bpnjensen wrote:
2-5-2011, GUATEMALA, R. Verdad (tent), 4052.5 AM, very weak SS,
apparent conversation, SINPO 15231. Not sure what they are using for
a TX now, but fair signal.

Bruce Jensen, CA, USA
R75& 60 foot random wire

60 feet is too short. Even if you have radical bends a longer wire will
work better. You could always try the loop.

http://hb9tmw.free.fr/EuroNet/HTML/fullloopant.html

Old February 5th 11, 01:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/04/2011 10:14 PM, m II wrote:
On 11-02-04 11:05 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

2-5-2011, GUATEMALA, R. Verdad (tent), 4052.5 AM, very weak SS,
apparent conversation, SINPO 15231. Not sure what they are using for
a TX now, but fair signal.

Bruce Jensen, CA, USA
R75& 60 foot random wire

Bruce, could you check 1480 Khz AM? I think it's from Texas. Spanish
speaking. I got it some months ago, but not much luck lately.

mike

1480 is a high band regional channel used in about every third city out
west.
Old February 5th 11, 08:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 4, 10:14*pm, m II wrote:
On 11-02-04 11:05 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

2-5-2011, GUATEMALA, R. Verdad (tent), 4052.5 AM, very weak SS,
apparent *conversation, SINPO 15231. *Not sure what they are using for
a TX now, but fair signal.

Bruce Jensen, CA, USA
R75& *60 foot random wire

Bruce, could you check 1480 Khz AM? I think it's from Texas. Spanish
speaking. I got it some months ago, but not much luck lately.

mike

I will give it a try tonight - but we get lousy MW DX here as a rule.

Old February 5th 11, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 5, 5:07*am, dave wrote:
On 02/04/2011 10:05 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

2-5-2011, GUATEMALA, R. Verdad (tent), 4052.5 AM, very weak SS,
apparent *conversation, SINPO 15231. *Not sure what they are using for
a TX now, but fair signal.

Bruce Jensen, CA, USA
R75& *60 foot random wire

60 feet is too short. Even if you have radical bends a longer wire will
work better. You could always try the loop.

http://hb9tmw.free.fr/EuroNet/HTML/fullloopant.html

Well - yes, it's too short - and yet it still overloads all of my
radii with signals from 50 kW 1100 AM about 2 miles away...and that's
just the beginning. RF Hell is right here.

I do have a QSL from them though, and for a signal that was
considerably weaker than this one :-)
Old February 5th 11, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 60 Foot Random Wire Shortwave [SWL] Antenna ?

On 2/5/11 16:32 , bpnjensen wrote:
On Feb 5, 12:55 pm, wrote:
On Feb 4, 10:05 pm, wrote:

2-5-2011, GUATEMALA, R. Verdad (tent), 4052.5 AM, very weak SS,
apparent conversation, SINPO 15231. Not sure what they are using for
a TX now, but fair signal.

- Bruce Jensen, CA, USA

"CA" is a big place north to south
"SF Bay Area, CA, USA" would be nicer )
.
- R75& 60 foot random wire

BpnJ is this "60 foot random wire" your
newly built Shortwave [SWL] Antenna ?
-or- an older existing Shortwave Antenna ?

? I thought it was an Inverted "L" Antenna !
-not-just-a- Straight Horizontal 'Flat' Wire Antenna ?

*IF* the newly built SWL Antenna is
an Inverted "L" Antenna ?

How many Feet in the Up-Vertical-Leg ?
-and- How many Feet in the Out-Horizontal-Arm ?
=Total= Combined Feet of the Antenna Wire
+Plus+ The general 'Lay' {Direction} of the Horizontal
Antenna Wire from the the Up-Vertical-Leg out to the
Far-End of the Out-Horizontal-Arm : N& NE& E& SE
& S& SW& W& NW& N

iwtk ~ RHF
.
.

It's the new one. Well, yes, that's right, an inverted L. The
vertical is about 30 feet, the horizontal about 60. Oriented nearly
north-south (not checked with a compass), far end is south. Guatemala
is off the forward left side if you looking the direction the antenna
is aimed.

How much does the 30 vertical do for you, other than collect
vertically polarized QRM? The only reason, really, I built it this
way was to allow the 9:1 antenna unun to be mounted near ground (the
ground is not in place yet, but will be soon). Otherwise, I would
have put the whole thing up high, or possibly sloped with the unun end
down.

Once you get your ground in place, experiment with variations of the
installation.

You do have a quite a bit of antenna, there. Verify that you've not
got too much. Look for images, indicating overload. A pad may be required.

This morning (1800z onward), the VOA relays from MDG and BOT (Africa)
on 16 and 19 meters were coming in almost like locals.

Bruce

Old February 6th 11, 01:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 5, 12:55 pm, *wrote:
On Feb 4, 10:05 pm, *wrote:

2-5-2011, GUATEMALA, R. Verdad (tent), 4052.5 AM, very weak SS,
apparent *conversation, SINPO 15231. *Not sure what they are using for
a TX now, but fair signal.

- Bruce Jensen, CA, USA

"CA" is a big place north to south
"SF Bay Area, CA, USA" would be nicer )
* .
[...]

Oh, I have overload for sure - I need that attenuator certain times of
day. Not sure what I can do for variations? After I get the ground
in, the only thing left to add is the Isolator and that's it. Gotta
be honest - any less length/height and I won't hear a damn thing below
5 MHz, and those are my favorite bands by far. The weakness of those
bands compared to anywhere else I've lived is ridiculous.

A large full-wave loop for 90m would be great. Almost impossible to
fit, but great.

If this does not work, I am just going to buy myself 1,000 feet or
wire and head for the most remote beach I can drive to. Ron Howard
has great results over at Asilomar near Carmel.
Old February 6th 11, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 02/05/2011 02:32 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

How much does the 30 vertical do for you, other than collect
vertically polarized QRM? The only reason, really, I built it this
way was to allow the 9:1 antenna unun to be mounted near ground (the
ground is not in place yet, but will be soon). Otherwise, I would
have put the whole thing up high, or possibly sloped with the unun end
down.

This morning (1800z onward), the VOA relays from MDG and BOT (Africa)
on 16 and 19 meters were coming in almost like locals.

Bruce

90 feet is way better than 60 feet. Sunspots have been sucky.

Old February 6th 11, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 5, 7:23*pm, dave wrote:
On 02/05/2011 02:32 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

How much does the 30 vertical do for you, other than collect
vertically polarized QRM? *The only reason, really, I built it this
way was to allow the 9:1 antenna unun to be mounted near ground (the
ground is not in place yet, but will be soon). *Otherwise, I would
have put the whole thing up high, or possibly sloped with the unun end
down.

This morning (1800z onward), the VOA relays from MDG and BOT (Africa)
on 16 and 19 meters were coming in almost like locals.

Bruce

90 feet is way better than 60 feet. Sunspots have been sucky.

You said. The solar flux is still just barely above 80.

Radio Verdad Steve Shortwave 0 September 24th 07 02:53 AM
Radio Verdad on 4052.5 kHz? Darkington 'Starsky' Starr Shortwave 7 February 15th 06 08:20 PM
antenna with a tent Dr Brain Antenna 3 June 17th 04 02:36 PM
Radio Verdad Maximus Shortwave 1 February 18th 04 12:28 PM
Radio Verdad Rick KB1KIL Shortwave 1 January 30th 04 07:57 AM