Old February 14th 11, 02:48 AM
Junior Member

Default OH! Blessed sunspots and FLARES!

according to solarcycle24.com, we ar being FLARED and sunspotted like we have NOT been in several years this weekend. SFI is now above 100 at 107 for the first time in years, and it makes for very interesting listening. I have been a SW fan since 1972, 12 yrs old at the time, listening on a LLOYDS portable.
Then I graduated to a Realistic DX 150 and 160. Now have a Hammarlund HQ145, Drake R8B, and two Zenith Trannys. R3000, and Royal 7000D. 8) 16 ft ground rods on a water table flood plain. Reception on AM and LW so quiet
you can hear a glob of solder drop.

Have NEVER seen the pits we experienced over the last three years, SFI sitting at 68! Dont be deceived, we may see another dip, like last year's.
SFI was over 95 for a few weeks, then DIVING for cover around 74 or so
for many months, struggling until this week.

Good luck over the next few days, hope it doesn't die.
Never solder naked!
Tom