Old February 25th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Free Libya

I was watching the NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams last night.
NBC has a correspondent who is being driven around in northern Libya.
As the correspondent listened to Qaddafi's broadcast rant, a camera
shot aimed at the in-dash car radio revealed the digital display
showing 972. I suppose that's 97.2 MHz, unless it's a MW station at
972 kHz. That's a Qaddafi-controlled radio station.

Meanwhile, the anti-Qaddafi protesters have established Radio Free
Libya. There seems to be a MW operation and, I'm thinking, an FM
operation too. Is there anything on HF? I haven't checked Glenn Hauser
or the "Media Network blog from Radio Netherlands Worldwide," but I'm
sure he is listening for just such a thing.

http://www.radiosurvivor.com/2011/02...adio-stations/

"The Media Network blog from Radio Netherlands Worldwide today posted
a roundup of reports about radio inside Libya. Blogger Andy Sennitt
relays reception reports from Denmark of a high-powered mediumwave
station (called AM in the US) in El Beida that apparently is taken
over by protestors, while other Libyan mediumwave stations continue to
air pro-Qaddafi material. The same Danish DXer reports receiving this
station, identified as Radio Free Libya, broadasting at 1125 KHz."

Soon, we may have only recordings of Qaddafi to remember him by.
Old February 25th 11, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brian Williams is a Commie!, he is part of the Commie Ministry of
Propaganda!

Born in Kenya! SOB MOFO is partying with Stevie Wonder and Smokey
Robinson, SOB MOFO acts like he doesn't care about what is happening in
Libya.
That Born in Kenya! JIHAD MARXIST TERRORIST SOB MOFO DOESN'T CARE!
F.....g 'Party Time'!!!!
cuhulin

Old February 25th 11, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.radiosurvivor.com/2011/02...ets-say-libyan...

"The Media Network blog from Radio Netherlands Worldwide today posted
a roundup of reports about radio inside Libya. Blogger Andy Sennitt
relays reception reports from Denmark of a high-powered mediumwave
station (called AM in the US) in El Beida that apparently is taken
over by protestors, while other Libyan mediumwave stations continue to
air pro-Qaddafi material. The same Danish DXer reports receiving this
station, identified as Radio Free Libya, broadasting at 1125 KHz."

Soon, we may have only recordings of Qaddafi to remember him by.

Richard Engel- Hide quoted text -

There may be nobody on Earth who knows better what's happening on the
ground than Engel. He has his ears seemingly to every possible source
of information over there.
Old February 25th 11, 08:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Dirty Dozen: The Fatal Mission is on the EACT channel.Hell of a lot
Better that what is going on in the White House!
cuhulin

Old February 26th 11, 09:02 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 25, 2:20*pm, dave wrote:
On 02/25/2011 10:06 AM, wrote:

Brian Williams is a Commie!, he is part of the Commie Ministry of
Propaganda!

Born in Kenya! SOB MOFO is partying with Stevie Wonder and Smokey
Robinson, SOB MOFO acts like he doesn't care about what is happening in
Libya.
That Born in Kenya! JIHAD MARXIST TERRORIST SOB MOFO DOESN'T CARE!
F.....g 'Party Time'!!!!
cuhulin

He's got Hillary liaising with relevant major powers. That's really
Berlesconi's **** pile, being Italian and all. Remnants of empire are
like that toxic waste buried in the hills. It will come back to bite you.

What empire ? There were so many of them .
Old February 26th 11, 09:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 25, 2:06*pm, dave wrote:
[...]

He reads and speaks Arabic fluently, learned while living in the slums
of Cairo, after finishing BA in Stanford !