Old March 9th 11, 11:59 PM posted to ba.broadcast,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.digital

Default Regenerative receivers, anyone?

On 3/9/2011 4:28 PM, Steve wrote:
Anyone here using a regenerative receiver for their SWLing? I'm just
curious.

I've used a National SW-3 three tube regen for 41 meters, using the 40
meter coils. It was a leading edge receiver in its day, but its day was
in 1933, and technology has improved a bit in the last 75 years.

Are YOU using a regen? If so, what?

If you are not using one, but are considering it, realize that the
sensitivity is great, but selectivity, stability and hand-capacity
effect will leave a lot to be desired; not recommended for a regular
diet, but fun to see what our radio forebearers had to live with.