Old March 11th 11, 06:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default So, what's up with RTV Mali on 5,995 kHz 0600Z?

On Mar 10, 11:48*am, bpnjensen wrote:
I tune in each night to RTV Mali on 5995 after 0600Z. *TWR Swaziland
has already signed off, the freq is otherwise clear. *Mali's carrier
signal gradually grows into a real powerhouse as the grayline
overtakes the TX location - last night it was S-9 with no preamps on
here in California around 0700, only had the noise suppression peaked
on my antennas, signal was quiet and steady - but the darn thing has
no modulation, audio at bare limit of detectability. *Another Radio
Cairo?

What is it with these lo-performance Saharan African stations?
Somebody give them an Astatic T-UG8 D-104 mike to juice up their
sidebands, please!

Bruce Jensen

Any loud clicks or test tones at all ? They may be adjusting/upgrading
the station . Who knows . They certainly can't afford expensive
stuff , unlike some of the neighboring countries in that part of the
world .
Old March 11th 11, 12:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Mar 10, 10:13*pm, wrote:
[...]

YEAH -why-ain't- Saudi Arabia 24&7 with Prayers
from the Holy City of Mecca and an S9+10 Signal !
~ RHF
Old March 12th 11, 05:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 11, 10:20*am, bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 10, 10:13*pm, wrote:

[...]

I wish - all I hear for two hours between 0600 sign-on and 0800 is a
*nearly* dead fairly strong carrier. *It's a 100-kW transmitter
according to WRTVH and Aoki, which in terms of sheer power appears to
be working well.

Bruce Jensen- Hide quoted text -

Must be a failure in the modulator . Very common .
Old March 12th 11, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 11, 11:30*am, RHF wrote:
On Fri, 11 Mar 2011 07:21:03 -0800 (PST), bpnjensen

wrote:
On Mar 11, 4:48 am, RHF wrote:
On Mar 10, 10:13 pm, wrote:

[...]

Aren't they? ;-)

What I meant was Saudi Arabia should be On-the-Air
across the Shortwave Bands 24&7 with Prayers from
the Holy City of Mecca with an S9+10 Signal :
Like China's [PRC] China Radio Intenationa {CRI} is...

all allah alla the day long ~ RHF

Allah likes modest radio--people . They have to be compassionate as
well . And spend the petro-dollars on the Holy Cause . In an Ideal
World, of course ...

Old March 12th 11, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 10, 10:13*pm, wrote:

[...]

I'm starting to think so.