Old March 11th 11, 08:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Which Is Better ? -or- Building a Better Radio Shack with a Few...

On 03/11/2011 08:42 AM, wrote:
I own at least three hundred, or more, old radios.I am not going to
count noses and write them all down.
cuhulin

There's a killer book you need to read at any point in your life:

http://www.craigr.com/books/die_broke.htm

Sell some radios, take a trip to Vegas (or Vancouver).
Old March 11th 11, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Vegas is desert, I don't likes deserts.I don't give a sheet about
Vancouver either.
cuhulin

Old March 12th 11, 05:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 12, 5:53*am, wrote:
On Mar 12, 8:25*am, dave wrote:

On 03/11/2011 02:13 PM, wrote:

Vegas is desert, I don't likes deserts.I don't give a sheet about
Vancouver either.
cuhulin

Vancouver is Amsterdam without all the annoying Dutch people.

1/4 of it is Chinese . That's what I heard .

That's OK - half of our community is Asian. It's actually a pretty
nice place to live, the people are kind and respectful to each other,
and it's a fun bunch.
Old March 12th 11, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

G.E.Reveal 60 Watt Incandescant Light Bulbs are Tuff.The bulb itself
didn't pop.A few strands of that copper wire had touched together,
that's what POPPED.
cuhulin

Old March 12th 11, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

About ten sumpin years ago, I emailed chatted back an forth a few times
with a school teacher lady in Vancouver,British Columbia.She was very
nice.
There's just 'sumpin' about them married wimmins!
cuhulin

Old March 13th 11, 06:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 12, 12:16*pm, bpnjensen wrote:
On Mar 12, 5:53*am, wrote:

On Mar 12, 8:25*am, dave wrote:

On 03/11/2011 02:13 PM, wrote:

Vegas is desert, I don't likes deserts.I don't give a sheet about
Vancouver either.
cuhulin

Vancouver is Amsterdam without all the annoying Dutch people.

1/4 of it is Chinese . That's what I heard .

That's OK - half of our community is Asian. *It's actually a pretty
nice place to live, the people are kind and respectful to each other,
and it's a fun bunch.

Some Asians (even in US) don't get along very well between
themselves . Old habits / traditions are very difficult to forget ...
Old March 13th 11, 06:03 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 12, 1:14*pm, wrote:
G.E.Reveal 60 Watt Incandescant Light Bulbs are Tuff.The bulb itself
didn't pop.A few strands of that copper wire had touched together,
that's what POPPED.
cuhulin

That's how a ' Fuse was Invented '. By accident ...

getting radio communication into a metal building eganders Antenna 10 June 27th 07 07:41 PM
Radio transmissions into metal building eganders CB 6 June 22nd 07 08:03 AM
Radio transmissions into steel building eganders General 1 June 19th 07 02:49 PM
Building a DAB radio Mike Homebrew 7 January 6th 06 03:37 PM
Building a 21st century radio lsmyer Shortwave 2 October 11th 04 03:44 PM