Old March 18th 11, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Lots of action on 17 meters earlier today...

I think it's pretty clear at this point that conditions are on an
upswing. 17 meters was rocking earlier. VU4PB from the Andaman Islands
had a strong signal here on the East Coast and was working an enormous
(and poorly behaved) pileup. I threw my call out there a few times,
but the pileup was big enough, and intense enough, that I just didn't
have the will. It was also pretty nasty, with lots of intentional QRM.
I don't have the patience for that.

On the upside, I did score a new DX entity when I worked 9K2HN in
Kuwait. I worked him simplex!

I also very briefly heard a station from Lesotho on 10 meters this
morning, but I literally only heard him for a couple of minutes and he
disappeared into the noise.

Steve