Old May 2nd 11, 07:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default For those who wish to QSL IRRS - Italy - Slovakia:

I wrote a reception report e-mail to IRRS Italy for their 31 meter
band broadcast via Slovakia. Here is a "pre-emptive" response.

Dear Bruce Jensen:

Thank You for your email. We do acknowledge hereby your reception
report, and we may forward it to the programmers that you mention for
verification. They may reply to you with a QSL or verification letter.
If this is not acceptable, please let us now by return email within
the next 24 hours.

Due to budget constraints, we are unable to reply to all QSL requests
or send information, stickers, pennants, schedules or gadgets by
regular mail. However we do confirm by QSL when:

1) we run special broadcasts that are announced over our mailing list
of on the air, and you request a QSL by sending us your full mailing
address.

2) we receive detailed comments on the content of our programming
(good or bad, not just on the technical side). This is extremely
useful to our program producers and, help us all in improving the
quality and content of our broadcasts.

We will most likely reply only by email, when:

1) the reception report is from areas outside the intended target of
the program producer;

3) the information contained in the reception report is not
corresponding to the station log;

3) the reception report contains only technical data, and no comments
or suggestion on the content that you have heard. IRRS-Shortwave,
NEXUS-IBA, EGR, IPAR and NEXUS-IBA member stations greatly appreciate
comments (whether good or bad) on the *content* that you hear on our
stations. We have access to several monitoring stations around the
world that provide real time data on the audio delivered on our
target, and for this reason old-time technical reception reports, DX
reports or QSL request are not very useful to our technical staff.
Mere technical reception reports are not very interesting to those who
support our organization, use our media channels and keep our station
alive.

What we all wish to receive and correspond about with you are comments
and suggestions on the CONTENT of each program!

We do however take special efforts in answering to your questions and
confirming your reports by email when you write to
with comments or suggestions on our programming and content, and not
just technical reception conditions in your area.

Please notice that many stations have stopped issuing QSL cards
completely, in an effort to contain costs and continue to provide
current services on Shortwave. QSL management is very expensive to
deal with for our limited budget as well, and we are not currently
staffed to reply to any and all letters and emails that we receive
every day.

Please check our web site at
http://www.nexus.org/ for more
information on our broadcasts and our association. Our latest
schedules are available at:

http:/www.nexus.org/NEXUS-IBA/Schedules/

Our broadcasts can also be received 24/24 and 7/7 over the Internet
at:

http://mp3.nexus.org/

You may also subscribe to our low-noise mailing list to receive
information on schedules or test broadcasts at:

http://mailserv.nexus.org/mailman/li...irrs-listeners

If you wish contribute to NEXUS-IBA projects please visit us at:
http://www.nexus.org/FundRaising/

I am sorry if this is causing any inconvenience, but I hope you will
continueto listen to our programs on Shortwave and on the Internet.

Best regards,

Ron Norton
Old May 2nd 11, 08:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 2, 11:45*am, bpnjensen wrote:
[...]

I followed up with a response, and here is what I heard back just now:

"Dear Bruce,

we sent the previous email as a verification, where stated:

"We do acknowledge hereby your reception report ..."

As for the TX, the site is always confidential due to our internal
policies,
it can change from time to time, and we cannot confirm its location.

Thanks for your understanding, and take care,

73s,

Alfredo"

B08 schedule, IRRS-Shortwave and EGR Ron Norton Shortwave 0 October 27th 08 07:57 AM
IRRS Mike Terry Shortwave 0 December 24th 06 09:47 AM
Radio IRRS Italy frequency change? m II Shortwave 0 December 25th 04 06:25 AM
IRRS-B04 Sked dxAce Shortwave 0 August 7th 04 12:32 PM
IRRS relay Oct. 24, 2003, Mike Terry Shortwave 0 October 23rd 03 08:38 PM