Old May 13th 11, 10:38 PM posted to rec.sport.golf,rec.radio.shortwave

Default CIA Director said they used waterboarding!

On 5/13/2011 2:26 PM, Howard Brazee wrote:
On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:55:38 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:

John McCain says Torture doesn't work.

http://www.denverpost.com/opinion/ci_18052779

Evidently enhanced interrogation does, but you digress. The point is that
the liberals around here object to interrogation of terrorists, but are OK
with assassinating them.

There is a moral question there.

But saying "torture doesn't work" is a practical argument, not a moral
argument. If torture doesn't advance our national goals, then we
should move onto moral arguments. If it hurts our national goals,
then we don't need to go that far.

So the next step of this comparison is to determine whether shooting
bin Laden advanced or hurt our national goals. That is a practical
question, not a moral question.

You either play by the rules all the time, hold high standards, all the
time, etc. or you lose.

If not, there is suddenly no difference between "the good guy" and "the
bad guy", and, this is exactly how our public servants and the illegal
government, which they have replaced the peoples' will and vote with,
has become, "Public Enemy No. 1."

We need to end this ...

Regards,
JS