Old June 1st 11, 08:02 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.conspiracy

Default “We’re On the Verge of a Great, Great Depression”

On 6/1/2011 11:03 AM, Gray Ghost wrote:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/43236764

Wall Street Baffled by Slowing Economy, Low Yields: Trader
Published: Wednesday, 1 Jun 2011 | 11:06 AM ET

Wall Street is having a hard time figuring out what to do now that the U.S.
economy appears to be sputtering and yields are so low, Peter Yastrow,
market strategist for Yastrow Origer, told CNBC.

"What we’ve got right now is almost near panic going on with money managers
and people who are responsible for money," he said. "They can not find a
yield and you just don’t want to be putting your money into commodities or
things that are punts that might work out or they might not depending on
what happens with the economy.

"We need to find real yield and real returns on these assets. You see bad
data, you see Treasurys rally, you see all bonds and all fixed-income rally
and then the people who are betting against the U.S. economy start getting
bearish on stocks. That’s a huge mistake."

Stocks extended losses after the manufacturing fell below expectations in
May and the private sector added only 38,000 jobs during the month.

"Interest rates are amazingly low and that, thanks to Ben Bernanke, is
driving everything," Yastrow said. "We’re on the verge of a great, great
depression. The [Federal Reserve] knows it.

"We have many, many homeowners that are totally underwater here and cannot
get out from under. The technology frontier is limited right now. We
definitely have an innovation slowdown and the economy’s gonna suffer."

However, he said he wouldn’t sell stocks.

"Any bears out there better be careful because the dividend yields on these
stocks look awesome relative to all the other investment vehicles out
there," Yastrow said. "So bears are going to have to find a new way to
express their discontent with the U.S. economy."

http://redwhitebluenews.com/?p=19920
Thanks Barack… Chief Economist: “We’re On the Verge of a Great, Great
Depression”

RWBN: Surprise!!!!! Keep listening to the talking points of the liberal
media sheep. ……..Everything is going fiiiiine!

(Gateway Pundit)Obama is the worst jobs president since the Great
Depression. More than 40 million Americans are now receiving food stamps, a
record.

Thanks to Obama’s failed economic policies only 38,000 private sector jobs
were created in May.

A chief economist today announced that we are on the verge of a Great,
Great Depression.
CNBC reported:

[...]

The worst jobs president since the Great Depression is now overseeing the
worst housing downturn since the Great Depression.
The New York Times reported:

Housing prices fell in March to their lowest point since the downturn
began, erasing the last little bit of recovery from the depths plumbed two
years ago, according to data released Tuesday.

The Standard& Poor’s Case-Shiller Home Price Index for 20 large cities
fell 0.8 percent from February, the eighth drop in a row. Prices are now
down 33.1 percent from the July 2006 peak.

“Home prices continue on their downward spiral with no relief in
sight,” said David M. Blitzer, chairman of the S.& P. index committee.

Housing is in persistent trouble, industry analysts say, not only
because so many people are blocked from the market — being unemployed, in
foreclosure or trapped in homes that are worth less than the mortgage — but
because even those who are solvent are opting out.

The desire to own your own home, long a bedrock of the American Dream,
is fast becoming a casualty of the worst housing downturn since the Great
Depression.

That’s not all…
The New York Times added this on the grim economic news.

A month ago, when an initial gauge of first-quarter economic growth
came in surprisingly weak, many policy makers and economists expected the
bad news to prove fleeting. But when revised data were released last week,
the growth estimate remained stuck at an annual rate of 1.8 percent,
compared with 3.1 percent at the end of last year.

More troubling in the latest figures, consumer spending — the largest
component of the economy — was especially slow. Stagnant wages and higher
prices for gas and food are squeezing family budgets, while falling home
equity hurts consumer confidence. That suggests more bad news to come.

When consumers are constrained, so is hiring, because without
customers, employers are hard pressed to retain workers or make new hires.
A recent Labor Department report showed a greater-than-expected rise in the
number of people claiming jobless benefits even as private-sector economic
forecasts are being revised downward — both very bad omens for continued
job growth.

We have been in a depression, for some time now.

But, it will worsen ... ask the next guy you see, who is unemployed, and
been there for some time, if he/she thinks this is a depression.

Regards,
JS

Old June 1st 11, 08:41 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.conspiracy

On Jun 1, 12:02*pm, John Smith wrote:
[...]

JS- Hide quoted text -

This, I tend to agree with. A snowball has been set in motion down a
mountainside that will be very hard to stop.
Old June 1st 11, 08:47 PM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.conspiracy

On 6/1/2011 12:41 PM, bpnjensen wrote:

We have been in a depression, for some time now.

But, it will worsen ... ask the next guy you see, who is unemployed, and
been there for some time, if he/she thinks this is a depression.

Regards,
JS- Hide quoted text -

This, I tend to agree with. A snowball has been set in motion down a
mountainside that will be very hard to stop.

Yep. Something you hate to see, wish wasn't happening, don't enjoy
watching, find you are even being hurt by it ... but can't seem to
convince enough to go together with you to halt it ... can even see the
ones causing it!

I know what you mean ...

Regards,
JS
Old June 1st 11, 09:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

We already ARE in a Depression, and have been for over Two Years.
cuhulin

Old June 1st 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 1, 1:51*pm, wrote:
We already ARE in a Depression, and have been for over Two Years.
cuhulin

I know *I* am depressed - is Doggy happy, though?

Old June 1st 11, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.theburningplatform.com
OUTLAW JOSEY WELLS.PART FOUR.

Currently, 100 degrees inside my flower box on doggy's front porch.Doggy
doesn't care anything about that front porch, too damn HOT out there.
cuhulin

Old June 15th 11, 01:52 AM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.conspiracy

Default We're On the Verge of the Great Obama Depression !

Deep Dudu wrote in :

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 10:21:33 -0400, "Scout"
wrote:

"Deep Dudu" wrote in message
. ..

That's the Bush Depression you mean. This all started long before
Obama became President.

Sorry, but the Bush Depression is over, Obama is not in change and the
Depression occurring under his administration is his responsibility.

I know you don't like that since you prefer to blame everything on
Republicans, but that's the reality of being a leader.. you're

responsible
because you're in charge.

Now if you would like to tell us that Obama isn't a leader......

you know what? Despite the pathetic running field of the right wing
for the election, I actually hope the Republicans manage to run
someone capable of beating Obama, and that they win. Then, when the
economy REALLY goes to ****, it will be fun seeing how you try to
claim it's not the President's fault. You, know, just like when Bush
was truly ****ing everything up, it wasn't at all his fault.... but
now it's all Obama's ....

So, you are hoping that economy gets worse, people are hurt, families are
destroyed ... just to make a political point?

Wow.

--
Herman Cain for President! http://hermancain.com/
If you don't support him you are a Racist!!

Remember Desert One, Carter 0? Ain't it sad to wish that Obama had as much
ambition but being glad he doesn't knowing he doesn't have THAT much
competence?
Old June 15th 11, 02:36 AM posted to talk.politics.guns,rec.radio.shortwave,alt.conspiracy

On 6/14/2011 5:52 PM, Gray Ghost wrote:

So, you are hoping that economy gets worse, people are hurt, families are
destroyed ... just to make a political point?

Wow.

I hope it damn well hits bottom soon, all I want to see now is the path
leading away from all this damn BS which must lie on the other side of
the pit these arses have drug us into ... this is already past the worst
I would want to ever see.

How much worse does it have to get?

--

Regards,
JS
Old June 15th 11, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Fake Gold Bars in Fort Knox?

Ron Paul wants to know if the Gold in Fort Knox is Real.
http://www.standeyo.com

I would like to know too.
cuhulin

Old June 15th 11, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Jun 14, 10:39*pm, wrote:
Fake Gold Bars in Fort Knox?

Ron Paul wants to know if the Gold in Fort Knox is Real.http://www.standeyo.com

I would like to know too.
cuhulin

Archimedes must be laughing (in his place of rest) : it is fake !!!