RadioBanter

-   -   Voice of America operator plans "sunset" for shortwave radio broadcasts (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/167116-voice-america-operator-plans-sunset-shortwave-radio-broadcasts.html)

John Smith[_7_] June 8th 11 01:26 AM

Voice of America operator plans"sunset" for shortwave radio br...

On 6/7/2011 1:26 PM, RHF wrote:
On Jun 7, 12:19 pm, "kevin. m."buyembythesack(at)peoplepc(dot)com
wrote:
Anyone who uses Google is naive. Of course they've worked hard to work it
into our every day conversation..."blah blah blah just Google such and such"
like "Xerox" or having a "Coke." The fact of the matter is that our friends
at Google are a data mining organization BASED AT THE N S A in Washington.
When I hear guys like Alex Jones talking about "googling" I wonder how much
of a friend of the people really he is; surely he knows what Google is and
where they come from. Beware.

Google is just a Vehicle on "The Road" of
News, Information and Knowledge . . .

"The Road" Starts with your ISP :
YOUR "ISP" IS YOUR 'GATE KEEPER'

Everything You Do : Everywhere You Go
Goes Through Your ISP : Your ISP Knows
Everything About You and Can Control You.

Listen to an Internet Radio Station
Go-To 'Visit' a Web-Site
Open a/o Post an eMail
Turn Your Computer-On or Off
YOUR ISP KNOWS and Tracks It [.]
=isp=knowing=censorship=control=you=

-where-as- Buy an AM/FM/SW Radio and Just Listen
NO ISP REQUIRED = NO TRACKING = NO CONTROL

FREE Over-The-Air AM/FM/SW Radio
that's the freedom to be yourself ~ RHF
.
.

All your isp provides is a "telephone number" so you can call the web,
or other places, if you know about them and have the ID to access ...

Here is one example:

http://www2.home.com/

There is also a www3, and others ... you must use the proper protocol to
access the interesting sites, a modified http ... you will need someone
to provide proper info ...

Regards,
JS

Regards,
JS
“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the people, it’s an instrument for the people to restrain the
government.” -- Patrick Henry

[email protected] June 8th 11 02:07 AM

Voice of America operator plans"sunset" for shortwave radiobr...

WebTV is Proxy.
Not many years ago, somebody mistaked my WebTV addy for another WebTV
user in Hattiesburg,Mississippi.Hattiesburg is about 100 miles
South/Southeast of doggy's couch.
cuhulin

John Smith[_7_] June 8th 11 02:20 AM

On 6/7/2011 6:07 PM, wrote:
WebTV is Proxy.
Not many years ago, somebody mistaked my WebTV addy for another WebTV
user in Hattiesburg,Mississippi.Hattiesburg is about 100 miles
South/Southeast of doggy's couch.
cuhulin

Well, actually, the ww2, ww3, etc. are known as server mirrors, and what
they "are" or "look like" is completely up to the admin of the
domain(s.) These sub-domains can be as innocuous as simply backup or
load balancing ... but, easily used for "hiding data in plain sight."

What happened to you doesn't sound related ...

RHF June 8th 11 10:53 AM

wrote:
[...]

* .
* .

All your isp provides is a "telephone number" so you can call the web,
or other places, if you know about them and have the ID to access ...

Regards,
JS

--

Regards,
JS
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain
the people, it s an instrument for the people to restrain the
government. -- Patrick Henry

Really... JS You Are So WebWise© !

dave June 9th 11 02:36 PM

Voice of America operator plans "sunset" for shortwave radiobroadcasts

On 06/07/2011 04:39 AM, Brenda Ann wrote:

I can't believe they use this excuse to close down so many shortwave
services. There are three primary reasons why internet streaming radio
cannot replace shortwave services:

1) Target areas for shortwave services do not have access to internet.

2) Even if they DO have internet access, it's severely restricted by
governments.

3) The average person that cares at all to listen to them in the free,
developed world usually does so just because they CAN, without having to
pay for the privilege, or just for the excitement of listening to
something coming from half a world away without wires.

and, just for fun, this additional tidbit:

You STILL can't take streaming radio with you reliably.

The proof is in the numbers. No one is listening.

Wimpie[_2_] June 9th 11 04:33 PM

On 9 jun, 15:36, dave wrote:
On 06/07/2011 04:39 AM, Brenda Ann wrote:

I can't believe they use this excuse to close down so many shortwave
services. There are three primary reasons why internet streaming radio
cannot replace shortwave services:

1) Target areas for shortwave services do not have access to internet.

2) Even if they DO have internet access, it's severely restricted by
governments.

3) The average person that cares at all to listen to them in the free,
developed world usually does so just because they CAN, without having to
pay for the privilege, or just for the excitement of listening to
something coming from half a world away without wires.

and, just for fun, this additional tidbit:

You STILL can't take streaming radio with you reliably.

The proof is in the numbers. No one is listening.

Hello Dave,

Maybe no one is listening whom they can sell some contract to make
money. There are also many listeners who don't tell they are listening
for several reasons.

I am therefore happy that "Radio Nederland Wereldomroep" (RN)
intentions are to continue their service in foreign languages.

With kind regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl

dave June 10th 11 02:08 PM

I meant 80 cm (20 inch?) mini dish. They have 500 channels everywherealong the Equator

On 06/09/2011 08:56 PM, wrote:
On Jun 9, 11:33 am, wrote:
On 9 jun, 15:36, wrote:

[...]

PA3DJSwww.tetech.nl- Hide quoted text -

Thanks G-d ,someone still has a head on their shoulders .

dave June 11th 11 01:22 PM

There is no challenge in hearing 100KW transmitters

On 06/10/2011 11:56 AM, RHF wrote:

.

**** you you condescending prick. Why waste taxpayer's money to keep a
bunch of old creepy guys in America's hobby alive? I moved on to Utes
about 20 years ago, I suggest you GROW UP and do the same.