Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 9th 11, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grounding - Can Somebody Please Offer an Explanation?

Hello all,

Wondering if one of the techxperts folk on the group could please give
me an explanation (in layman's terms) of what grounding actually IS
and what is its importance to ensuring good reception for a Hamster
such as myself. There are numerous resources on the net that do go
some way TO providing an explanation, but I must admit most of it goes
straight over my head as I don't HAVE that much experience in the
subject. Over the past couple of weeks my radio has gradually been
getting poorer reception and I am wondering if it is becuase of a
problem with the unit itself, or because of some external factor.
There has recently been some new building developments going up in my
residential area so am wondering if this has HAD any influence?

If it is due to 'grounding', what the heck can I do to resolve the
issue?

If it's of any help/consequence, my particular unit is the Buzz Aldrin
G6 aviator radio (special limited edition).

Thanks kindly in advance for any advice/resolutions.

Kind Regards,
Brian Anasta