Old September 19th 11, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

dave wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:57:38 -0700, extra class wrote:

Too Pricey for 20 year old technology

They make cool looking front panels. Very basic. Almost like a student
radio.

Get a netbook and a USB dongle sound card and a wideband black box
running some kind of SDR. You can use any skin you like.

Rickmers, did your dongle get cut off?

Sure seems like it, as you are a dumbass 'tard girl!

Old September 19th 11, 08:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/19/2011 5:19 AM, dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:48:07 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 06:47:04 -0400, dxAce wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Does it come with spare Nixie tubes for the readouts?

Had you actually taken the time to read the specs, you f00kin moron,
you'd have discovered that it has an LED readout, 'tard boy.

NRD-92 Specifications

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/UG92man1.jpg

Scroll down, moron. LED readout you f00kin clown 'tard!

He can't look down when he is so high all the time, 24/7, the pot has
incorporated itself into every cell in his body ...

Regards,
JS

Old September 19th 11, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 19, 6:47*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.
Old September 19th 11, 11:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article 6dd3ffb3-cf31-4859-8da7-ec1de50d3525
@g31g2000yqh.googlegroups.com, says...

On Sep 19, 6:47*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Exactly!

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

Old September 19th 11, 11:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Old September 20th 11, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/19/11 17:54 , dxAce wrote:

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Probably not in some individual subsystems or components. But
overall...they're about the same.

Kind of like the difference between R71, and R5000. The ICOM and
Kenwood had different strengths, different weaknesses, but were,
when all was said and done, equivalent products.

Old September 20th 11, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

On 9/19/11 17:54 , dxAce wrote:

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Probably not in some individual subsystems or components. But
overall...they're about the same.

Kind of like the difference between R71, and R5000. The ICOM and
Kenwood had different strengths, different weaknesses, but were,
when all was said and done, equivalent products.

I had a R-5000 for a few years, always liked the audio on it. It was/is more
flexible than the R7, but overall, if I had to choose, I'd take the R7 just
for its flexibility and IF shift, and, for its IF notch filter versus an audio
notch.

I still like the Sherwood 3 kHz filter that I have in the R7.

When I got back into DX'ing in 81-82 I really liked the Yaesu FRG-7700 which
opened up a whole new world. digital readout, park on the frequency and they
were either there or not. That, and the recording/timer function and I could
listen while I was sleeping.

Got my first R7 in 1984 or so, and the R5000 around '89 or '90 if I recall.
And when the R8 came out I got that in '91.

Great times!

Old September 20th 11, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 9/19/11 18:33 , dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

On 9/19/11 17:54 , dxAce wrote:

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, wrote:
[...]

I played with both R71 and R-5000 for a while before I settled on
R-71. Mostly for it's control layout.

With the crystal filter, it had very nice narrow selectivity.
Although the audio was a bit harsh.

I still like the Sherwood 3 kHz filter that I have in the R7.

When I got back into DX'ing in 81-82 I really liked the Yaesu FRG-7700 which
opened up a whole new world. digital readout, park on the frequency and they
were either there or not. That, and the recording/timer function and I could
listen while I was sleeping.

Never worked FRG-7700, beyond a short test drive. But I did own a
FRG-7 for some years. That was a nice rig. The simplicity of
operation of a CM-1, but with much more robust, and quiet, performance.

Got my first R7 in 1984 or so, and the R5000 around '89 or '90 if I recall.
And when the R8 came out I got that in '91.

I'd heard you, and others, raving about your Drakes for so long,
that when an R8A showed up at a model train show a few years ago,
for an absurdly low price, I had to have it.

And I understand why you like it so much. Still give the RX-350
and AR-7030+ a good workout, but I have to admit, I think I may be
firing up the Drake a bit more often than either.

Great times!

Old September 20th 11, 05:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sep 19, 6:54*pm, dxAce wrote:
DEFCON 88 wrote:
On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

The JRC undoubtedly has better build quality. I have a Drake R7A and a
JRC NRD-515. Both are excellent performers; the R7A is a bit better in
performance. But the 515 is built like a tank, while the R7A is not
too physically robust.

Radio Japan NHK ai8o Shortwave 28 February 25th 10 01:39 PM
Radio Japan Burr Shortwave 0 April 13th 08 03:50 AM
Radio Japan Burr Shortwave 0 April 13th 08 02:28 AM
Radio Japan Burr Shortwave 0 April 13th 08 02:25 AM
NHK World Network "Radio Japan" on 9.505 MHz in English via Tokyo, Japan RHF Shortwave 0 October 18th 05 12:08 PM