Old September 20th 11, 10:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!
Old September 20th 11, 11:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

I briefly had a NRD-515 with the NCM-515 frequency and NDH-515 memory unit
that I picked up via the 'Ham Trader Yellow Sheets' (some might remember that)
for a song. Split the set up and resold it. That had to have been pre-1994.

I just didn't care for the audio on the JRC's.

Old September 20th 11, 12:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

BDK wrote:

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

JRC is the modern equivalent of Collins in the 1950's.

What has been said elsewhe

Collins made extraordinary radios using extraordinary components.
Drake made extraordinary radios using ordinary components.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.
Old September 20th 11, 12:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

I briefly had a NRD-515 with the NCM-515 frequency and NDH-515 memory unit
that I picked up via the 'Ham Trader Yellow Sheets' (some might remember that)
for a song. Split the set up and resold it. That had to have been pre-1994.

I think I paid something like $750 for the lot at the time.

I just didn't care for the audio on the JRC's.

Old September 20th 11, 12:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:12:38 -0400, BDK wrote:

And it still wouldn't be half as pleasant to use as the most un-
ergonomic radio JRC ever made. Nothing compares, IMHO to the layout and
feel of JRC stuff..

I suppose. I go for performance these days, the ionosphere being what it
is. I have left a trail of good feeling radios too heavy or too bulky to
pack. If I was buying a radio for cool knobs I'd probably go for a 51s-1.
Nobody around here has more experience on big knob Collins **** than I
do. I got a lot of that out of my system as a radio teen.

I sure as hell am not going to spend $1,900 on a radio without a USB or a
232 port.

Old September 20th 11, 12:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:59:56 -0700, DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47Â*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this damn
bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

A real deaf radio. Thanks for the support.
Old September 20th 11, 12:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:05:51 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of
this damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build
quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

I briefly had a NRD-515 with the NCM-515 frequency and NDH-515 memory
unit that I picked up via the 'Ham Trader Yellow Sheets' (some might
remember that) for a song. Split the set up and resold it. That had to
have been pre-1994.

I think I paid something like $750 for the lot at the time.

This is the best of the "student" class radios, IMHO. If you're going to
latch onto an antique that you plan to use, at least get one that smells
good and glows. Get one with a little warmth to the audio.

http://www.collinsradio.org/html/51s-1.html

I just didn't care for the audio on the JRC's.

Old September 20th 11, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
says...

BDK wrote:

In article ,

says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

I briefly had a NRD-515 with the NCM-515 frequency and NDH-515 memory unit
that I picked up via the 'Ham Trader Yellow Sheets' (some might remember that)
for a song. Split the set up and resold it. That had to have been pre-1994.

I just didn't care for the audio on the JRC's.

You need the right speaker and a few mods that don't cost much at all,
and it's not bad. I never really listened to much AM stuff anyway, so it
wasn't any big deal as the SSB modes were great.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!
Old September 20th 11, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:05:51 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

BDK wrote:

In article ,

says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
[...]

LOL, calling a high end reciever "sudent class" is hilarious. JRC made a
some tube sets too, if you're really into heating up your room. I have a
Hammarlund HQ-100 that's been modded to insane levels and I leave it on
all Winter, just to keep the room tolerable.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

Radio Japan NHK ai8o Shortwave 28 February 25th 10 01:39 PM
Radio Japan Burr Shortwave 0 April 13th 08 03:50 AM
Radio Japan Burr Shortwave 0 April 13th 08 02:28 AM
Radio Japan Burr Shortwave 0 April 13th 08 02:25 AM
NHK World Network "Radio Japan" on 9.505 MHz in English via Tokyo, Japan RHF Shortwave 0 October 18th 05 12:08 PM