RadioBanter

-   -   Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/173492-japan-radio-co-nrd-92m.html)

dxAce September 19th 11 11:47 AM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

dave September 19th 11 12:43 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 06:47:04 -0400, dxAce wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Does it come with spare Nixie tubes for the readouts?

dxAce September 19th 11 12:48 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

dave wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 06:47:04 -0400, dxAce wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Does it come with spare Nixie tubes for the readouts?

Had you actually taken the time to read the specs, you f00kin moron, you'd
have discovered that it has an LED readout, 'tard boy.

Now go take your meds and try to wake up.

dave September 19th 11 01:16 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:48:07 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dave wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 06:47:04 -0400, dxAce wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Does it come with spare Nixie tubes for the readouts?

Had you actually taken the time to read the specs, you f00kin moron,
you'd have discovered that it has an LED readout, 'tard boy.

NRD-92 Specifications

Frequency Range ..... 90 - 29999.99 kHz
Preset Frequencies .. 500, 2182 kHz
Power ............... 100/110/115/220/230/240 VAC 50/60 Hz
or 24 VDC 50 W.
Antenna Impedance ... 50 ohm
Selectivity (-6dB) .. 6.0 kHz
3.0 kHz
1.0 kHz [Optional]
0.5 kHz
0.3 kHz [Optional]
Sensitivity ......... 2µV SSB 1.6-30 MHz (10 dB S+N/N)
Stability ........... ± 5 Hz for any 15 minutes
IF Rejection ........ 70 dB
Image Rejection ..... 60 dB
Other Spurious ...... 60 dB
Audio Output ........ 1 Watts at 8 Ohms
Standard Steps ...... 10 Hz, 100 Hz, 1 kHz
5 kHz, 9 kHz, 10 kHz or 100 kHz.
RF Attenuator ....... 20 dB
BFO Range ........... ± 2.0 kHz
Clarifier Range ..... ± 120 Hz
Audio Output ........ 1 watt internal speaker
1 watt external speaker 8 ohm
10 mW or more headphone 600 ohm
Line Output ......... ± 10 dB (600 ohm balanced)
Circuit Type ........ Up Conversion Dual Superheterodyne
Temperature ......... -10° to 50°C
Dimensions .......... 19 x 7.5 x 12 inches (480x150x290 mm)
Weight .............. 16.5 Lbs. net (10.5 kg)

(too light for a boatanchor, more of a door stop...)

dxAce September 19th 11 01:19 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

dave wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 06:47:04 -0400, dxAce wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Does it come with spare Nixie tubes for the readouts?

Had you actually taken the time to read the specs, you f00kin moron,
you'd have discovered that it has an LED readout, 'tard boy.

NRD-92 Specifications

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/UG92man1.jpg

Scroll down, moron. LED readout you f00kin clown 'tard!

extra class[_39_] September 19th 11 05:57 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

Too Pricey for 20 year old technology

dave September 19th 11 06:43 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:57:38 -0700, extra class wrote:

Too Pricey for 20 year old technology

They make cool looking front panels. Very basic. Almost like a student
radio.

Get a netbook and a USB dongle sound card and a wideband black box
running some kind of SDR. You can use any skin you like.

BDK[_7_] September 19th 11 07:08 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 06:47:04 -0400, dxAce wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Does it come with spare Nixie tubes for the readouts?

Since it doesn't use nixie tubes, probably not. The readout is LED.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

BDK[_7_] September 19th 11 07:09 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

dave wrote:

[...]

One of the radios I would buy if I ever hit the lottery.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

BDK[_7_] September 19th 11 07:10 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

Too Pricey for 20 year old technology

It is overpriced, but it's a great radio.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

BDK[_7_] September 19th 11 07:12 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:57:38 -0700, extra class wrote:

Too Pricey for 20 year old technology

They make cool looking front panels. Very basic. Almost like a student
radio.

Get a netbook and a USB dongle sound card and a wideband black box
running some kind of SDR. You can use any skin you like.

And it still wouldn't be half as pleasant to use as the most un-
ergonomic radio JRC ever made. Nothing compares, IMHO to the layout and
feel of JRC stuff..
--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

dxAce September 19th 11 07:43 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

dave wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 09:57:38 -0700, extra class wrote:

Too Pricey for 20 year old technology

They make cool looking front panels. Very basic. Almost like a student
radio.

Get a netbook and a USB dongle sound card and a wideband black box
running some kind of SDR. You can use any skin you like.

Rickmers, did your dongle get cut off?

Sure seems like it, as you are a dumbass 'tard girl!

John Smith[_7_] September 19th 11 08:10 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

dave wrote:

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 06:47:04 -0400, dxAce wrote:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Does it come with spare Nixie tubes for the readouts?

Had you actually taken the time to read the specs, you f00kin moron,
you'd have discovered that it has an LED readout, 'tard boy.

NRD-92 Specifications

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/UG92man1.jpg

Scroll down, moron. LED readout you f00kin clown 'tard!

He can't look down when he is so high all the time, 24/7, the pot has
incorporated itself into every cell in his body ...

Regards,
JS

DEFCON 88 September 19th 11 10:59 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Sep 19, 6:47*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

BDK[_7_] September 19th 11 11:07 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article 6dd3ffb3-cf31-4859-8da7-ec1de50d3525
@g31g2000yqh.googlegroups.com, says...

On Sep 19, 6:47*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Exactly!

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

dxAce September 19th 11 11:54 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

D. Peter Maus[_2_] September 20th 11 12:17 AM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On 9/19/11 17:54 , dxAce wrote:

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Probably not in some individual subsystems or components. But
overall...they're about the same.

Kind of like the difference between R71, and R5000. The ICOM and
Kenwood had different strengths, different weaknesses, but were,
when all was said and done, equivalent products.

dxAce September 20th 11 12:33 AM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

On 9/19/11 17:54 , dxAce wrote:

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Probably not in some individual subsystems or components. But
overall...they're about the same.

Kind of like the difference between R71, and R5000. The ICOM and
Kenwood had different strengths, different weaknesses, but were,
when all was said and done, equivalent products.

I had a R-5000 for a few years, always liked the audio on it. It was/is more
flexible than the R7, but overall, if I had to choose, I'd take the R7 just
for its flexibility and IF shift, and, for its IF notch filter versus an audio
notch.

I still like the Sherwood 3 kHz filter that I have in the R7.

When I got back into DX'ing in 81-82 I really liked the Yaesu FRG-7700 which
opened up a whole new world. digital readout, park on the frequency and they
were either there or not. That, and the recording/timer function and I could
listen while I was sleeping.

Got my first R7 in 1984 or so, and the R5000 around '89 or '90 if I recall.
And when the R8 came out I got that in '91.

Great times!

D. Peter Maus[_2_] September 20th 11 04:58 AM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On 9/19/11 18:33 , dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

On 9/19/11 17:54 , dxAce wrote:

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, wrote:
[...]

I played with both R71 and R-5000 for a while before I settled on
R-71. Mostly for it's control layout.

With the crystal filter, it had very nice narrow selectivity.
Although the audio was a bit harsh.

I still like the Sherwood 3 kHz filter that I have in the R7.

When I got back into DX'ing in 81-82 I really liked the Yaesu FRG-7700 which
opened up a whole new world. digital readout, park on the frequency and they
were either there or not. That, and the recording/timer function and I could
listen while I was sleeping.

Never worked FRG-7700, beyond a short test drive. But I did own a
FRG-7 for some years. That was a nice rig. The simplicity of
operation of a CM-1, but with much more robust, and quiet, performance.

Got my first R7 in 1984 or so, and the R5000 around '89 or '90 if I recall.
And when the R8 came out I got that in '91.

I'd heard you, and others, raving about your Drakes for so long,
that when an R8A showed up at a model train show a few years ago,
for an absurdly low price, I had to have it.

And I understand why you like it so much. Still give the RX-350
and AR-7030+ a good workout, but I have to admit, I think I may be
firing up the Drake a bit more often than either.

Great times!

DEFCON 88 September 20th 11 05:46 AM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Sep 19, 6:54*pm, dxAce wrote:
DEFCON 88 wrote:
On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

The JRC undoubtedly has better build quality. I have a Drake R7A and a
JRC NRD-515. Both are excellent performers; the R7A is a bit better in
performance. But the 515 is built like a tank, while the R7A is not
too physically robust.

BDK[_7_] September 20th 11 10:24 AM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

dxAce September 20th 11 11:56 AM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

I briefly had a NRD-515 with the NCM-515 frequency and NDH-515 memory unit
that I picked up via the 'Ham Trader Yellow Sheets' (some might remember that)
for a song. Split the set up and resold it. That had to have been pre-1994.

I just didn't care for the audio on the JRC's.

Geoffrey S. Mendelson September 20th 11 12:04 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

BDK wrote:

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

JRC is the modern equivalent of Collins in the 1950's.

What has been said elsewhe

Collins made extraordinary radios using extraordinary components.
Drake made extraordinary radios using ordinary components.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.

dxAce September 20th 11 12:05 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

dxAce wrote:

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

I briefly had a NRD-515 with the NCM-515 frequency and NDH-515 memory unit
that I picked up via the 'Ham Trader Yellow Sheets' (some might remember that)
for a song. Split the set up and resold it. That had to have been pre-1994.

I think I paid something like $750 for the lot at the time.

I just didn't care for the audio on the JRC's.

dave September 20th 11 12:32 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:12:38 -0400, BDK wrote:

And it still wouldn't be half as pleasant to use as the most un-
ergonomic radio JRC ever made. Nothing compares, IMHO to the layout and
feel of JRC stuff..

I suppose. I go for performance these days, the ionosphere being what it
is. I have left a trail of good feeling radios too heavy or too bulky to
pack. If I was buying a radio for cool knobs I'd probably go for a 51s-1.
Nobody around here has more experience on big knob Collins **** than I
do. I got a lot of that out of my system as a radio teen.

I sure as hell am not going to spend $1,900 on a radio without a USB or a
232 port.

dave September 20th 11 12:34 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:59:56 -0700, DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47Â*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this damn
bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

A real deaf radio. Thanks for the support.

dave September 20th 11 12:59 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:05:51 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of
this damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build
quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

I briefly had a NRD-515 with the NCM-515 frequency and NDH-515 memory
unit that I picked up via the 'Ham Trader Yellow Sheets' (some might
remember that) for a song. Split the set up and resold it. That had to
have been pre-1994.

I think I paid something like $750 for the lot at the time.

This is the best of the "student" class radios, IMHO. If you're going to
latch onto an antique that you plan to use, at least get one that smells
good and glows. Get one with a little warmth to the audio.

http://www.collinsradio.org/html/51s-1.html

I just didn't care for the audio on the JRC's.

BDK[_7_] September 20th 11 02:49 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

BDK wrote:

In article ,

says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

Kind of like my R7 in a way, but most likely not the same build quality.

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

I briefly had a NRD-515 with the NCM-515 frequency and NDH-515 memory unit
that I picked up via the 'Ham Trader Yellow Sheets' (some might remember that)
for a song. Split the set up and resold it. That had to have been pre-1994.

I just didn't care for the audio on the JRC's.

You need the right speaker and a few mods that don't cost much at all,
and it's not bad. I never really listened to much AM stuff anyway, so it
wasn't any big deal as the SSB modes were great.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

BDK[_7_] September 20th 11 02:51 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:05:51 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

BDK wrote:

In article ,

says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
[...]

LOL, calling a high end reciever "sudent class" is hilarious. JRC made a
some tube sets too, if you're really into heating up your room. I have a
Hammarlund HQ-100 that's been modded to insane levels and I leave it on
all Winter, just to keep the room tolerable.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

BDK[_7_] September 20th 11 02:52 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

BDK wrote:

Much better, actually. The R7 is a great radio, but it's a tin box
compared to that JRC and almost any JRC radio ever made.

JRC is the modern equivalent of Collins in the 1950's.

What has been said elsewhe

Collins made extraordinary radios using extraordinary components.
Drake made extraordinary radios using ordinary components.

Geoff.

LOL.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

BDK[_7_] September 20th 11 02:53 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

On Sep 19, 6:47*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this damn
bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

A real deaf radio. Thanks for the support.

Deaf? Unlikely if it's in good shape.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

dave September 20th 11 04:06 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:51:40 -0400, BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:05:51 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
[...]

Steve mentioned the R7, a classic student radio. A student radio has only
basic controls, that conform to teaching textbooks. That radio was
expensive and built like a tank, but not high-end performing. That would
require a RACAL or a TenTec or a Watkins-Johnson or a Harris from that
era. But those radios all have complicated front panels for advanced
users. Radios like the JRC are built for ham fisted sailors, not
listening posts.

extra class[_40_] September 20th 11 04:07 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

ditto

dxAce September 20th 11 05:20 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

dave wrote:

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 09:51:40 -0400, BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 07:05:51 -0400, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...

DEFCON 88 wrote:

On Sep 19, 6:47 am, dxAce wrote:
[...]

Rickmers, I've been able to do a lot with my "student" radios!

Geoffrey S. Mendelson September 20th 11 08:19 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

dxAce wrote:

Rickmers, I've been able to do a lot with my "student" radios!

The R7 (and the companion TR7) were designed in a different day. There were
lots of stations to receive, and almost no noise. Someone on the east
coast of the US could get BBC, Radio Moscow, CHU, WWV, and a few other
stations by attaching a 1 foot wire to the back of the radio.

On a good day, you coud receive stations from (eastern) Asia and Australia,
South America and Africa.

If you had an outside antenna of almost any size, (1m or longer), you
could receive them almost all the time. Not the same stations all day,
but the except for the BBC and Radio Moscow, they were scheduled to only
be on during best propigation hours.

The BBC and Radio Moscow were on 24/7.

It was also still the time when a wide skirt filter was desired for AM, so that
you would get pleasant sounding broadcasts. You did not need a narrow skirt,
or for that matter a narrow passband filter.

The the late 1980's and early 1990's came around and you needed as sharp a
filter as you could get for Shortwave listening. Forget about audio quality
and ease of listening.

Yes, I have ignored CW and SSB, but that's a whole different topic and not
very important to the average 1970's listener they were not important.
In those days people still listened to SWBC for news and entertainment.

Geoff.

DEFCON 88 September 21st 11 05:25 AM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Sep 19, 6:47*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this damn
bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

A real deaf radio. Thanks for the support.

Look, you go right ahead and enjoy your SDRs. Those of us who like
radios in a big box with knobs will enjoy ours. Relax, it's just a
hobby!

dave September 21st 11 01:29 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Sep 19, 6:47Â*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

A real deaf radio. Thanks for the support.

Look, you go right ahead and enjoy your SDRs. Those of us who like
radios in a big box with knobs will enjoy ours. Relax, it's just a
hobby!

I have a radio that has a conventional RF path and an SDR I.F; I consider
it the best of both worlds. It has every knob that's on the JRC (times 2,
on some parameters because I can add a second receiver and there are
concentric controls for RF and AF Gain.)

FWIW, my crystal filters are identical to the ones JRC uses!

BDK[_7_] September 21st 11 02:59 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

On Sep 19, 6:47*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Pricey

dxAce
Michigan
USA

DROOL! Now THAT'S the look and layout of a REAL RADIO. None of this
damn bumping-through-the-microprocessor-menu crap.

A real deaf radio. Thanks for the support.

Look, you go right ahead and enjoy your SDRs. Those of us who like
radios in a big box with knobs will enjoy ours. Relax, it's just a
hobby!

I have a radio that has a conventional RF path and an SDR I.F; I consider
it the best of both worlds. It has every knob that's on the JRC (times 2,
on some parameters because I can add a second receiver and there are
concentric controls for RF and AF Gain.)

FWIW, my crystal filters are identical to the ones JRC uses!

But do the knobs actually exist, or are they just on your PC's monitor?

Light years different.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!

dave September 21st 11 07:29 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 09:59:08 -0400, BDK wrote:

But do the knobs actually exist, or are they just on your PC's monitor?

Light years different.

I have two radios right here. They both have giant dimpled knobs. Both
knobs have adjustable "drag" in fact. The computer generates the text and
helps me log. I'm constantly tweaking real knobs while chasing faint
traces on the waterfall.

BDK[_7_] September 21st 11 09:29 PM

Japan Radio Co. NRD-92M

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 09:59:08 -0400, BDK wrote:

But do the knobs actually exist, or are they just on your PC's monitor?

Light years different.

I have two radios right here. They both have giant dimpled knobs. Both
knobs have adjustable "drag" in fact. The computer generates the text and
helps me log. I'm constantly tweaking real knobs while chasing faint
traces on the waterfall.

I notice you really didn't answer the question.

--
BDK- Top of the government shill heap for over 10 years running!