Old September 24th 11, 01:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Default SW radios for sale

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:13:05 -0700, arthrnyork wrote:

Not so sure about the 'dip****' reviewer you have mentioned . Did you
have Larry Magne or Willem Bos in mind ? Or was it Fred Osterman ?
Or,perhaps ,do you consider all of the above to be' dip****s'?

The one overly fond of Latin and French.

I have always had a soft spot for Electra Bearcat, since the day I got my
Bearcat 250 and stopped buying crystals.
Old September 26th 11, 06:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Sep 24, 8:32*am, dave wrote:
On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 21:13:05 -0700, arthrnyork wrote:
Not so sure about the 'dip****' reviewer you have mentioned *. Did you
have Larry Magne or Willem Bos in mind ? Or was it Fred Osterman ?
Or,perhaps ,do you consider all of the above to be' dip****s'?

The one overly fond of Latin and French.

I have always had a soft spot for Electra Bearcat, since the day I got my
Bearcat 250 and stopped buying crystals.

Bearcat 250s were really cool. I loved the bright red LED frequency
display, rolling zeros, and chiclet buttons. Scanning was a lot easier
before these damn trunking systems came along. There's two
malfunctioning 250s stored in my attic. I assume there's nowhere to
send them for repairs anymore.