RadioBanter

-   -   Al Gore - BBC (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/173630-re-al-gore-bbc.html)

John Smith[_7_] September 25th 11 03:01 PM

Al Gore - BBC

On 9/25/2011 5:46 AM, dave wrote:
On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 14:32:28 -0700, John Smith wrote:

You have this correct ... it would be just as valid to claim this is
just the end of the last ice age, as opposed to this being a "human
caused global warming."

You don't believe the physical evidence; the ice cores; Moana Loa
Observatory?

There has not been this much carbon dioxide in the atmosphere for at
least 600,000 years. That is a bunch of ice ages. Since 1800 the
atmospheric CO2 has skyrocketed, along with the amount of solid
combustion artifacts found in sediment and tree rings, that point to
industrial processes and deforestation as the most likely culprits. What
do you have that refutes this, logically, in an obvious manner we can all
understand?

Please note the largest climate cycle is around 100,000 years, so we have
gone through several complete astronomical cycles and still today's
climate and atmosphere are unique to history.

Yes, I do believe the last ice age is still ending, that in the past,
when the earth was devoid of manmade chemicals, pollution and toxins,
Co2 levels dwarfed present levels, lush tropical jungles existed, the
earth was much, much warmer ...

I believe idiots, such as yourself, might, and continue to, choose some
period in a diminishing ice age and call it "normal", or attempt to
establish those parameters as an ideal, as a "ruler" to measure from ...
and, pot probably helps (or, other drugs too.)

I also believe taxing won't do a thing ... but I see idiots who do.

I also believe that drug use, or just your limited mental resources,
make you victim of your own folly and the scams put forth by evil people:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/25/sc...h/25atlas.html

There is an example of one fraud that is being forced to correct its'
diabolically evil and fraudulent information, and this:
"“We use data supplied by the U.S. Snow and Ice Data Center in Boulder,
Colo.,” she went on. “Our data shows that it has reduced by 15 percent.
That’s categorical.”

Points out the criminal conspiracy which our criminal public servants
are involved in.

But, frequently, real data just seems to disappear in a puff of smoke,
and especially puffs of marijuana smoke by drug users ...

Regards,
JS

J R September 25th 11 04:06 PM

Al Gore - BBC

Yesterday, I read about that Urbee printed car, 8 horsepower 1 cylinder
engine, 70 miles per hour, and the Ford electric bicycle.When I was at
Scott Air Force Base,Illinois in 1963 I bought a 1957 BMW Isetta car
from an Air Force Officer.The car had a 1 cylinder air cooled engine,
about 7 or 8 horsepower, top speed about 45 miles per hour.

When I go shopping nowadays I stay on the slowpoke back roads, driving
35 or 40 or 45 miles per hour is more than fast enough for me.I am
always ahead of the people behind me.
cuhulin

John Smith[_7_] September 25th 11 04:24 PM

Al Gore - BBC

On 9/25/2011 8:06 AM, J R wrote:
Yesterday, I read about that Urbee printed car, 8 horsepower 1 cylinder
engine, 70 miles per hour, and the Ford electric bicycle.When I was at
Scott Air Force Base,Illinois in 1963 I bought a 1957 BMW Isetta car
from an Air Force Officer.The car had a 1 cylinder air cooled engine,
about 7 or 8 horsepower, top speed about 45 miles per hour.

When I go shopping nowadays I stay on the slowpoke back roads, driving
35 or 40 or 45 miles per hour is more than fast enough for me.I am
always ahead of the people behind me.
cuhulin

Age has taught me a new and great respect for speed ... I now find the
speed limits on roads to be highly acceptable ... I know what you mean.

I still can close my eyes and feel like I am 21, but the mirror and my
age are strong reminders that this is incorrect ... I have watched
others with no seeming knowledge of how age is affecting them make
stupid and insane over estimates of their abilities ... I hope I can do
better ... but hey, it ain't a perfect world ...

Regards,
JS

Howard Brazee September 25th 11 04:27 PM

Al Gore - BBC

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011 07:01:53 -0700, John Smith
wrote:

Yes, I do believe the last ice age is still ending, that in the past,
when the earth was devoid of manmade chemicals, pollution and toxins,
Co2 levels dwarfed present levels, lush tropical jungles existed, the
earth was much, much warmer ...

I believe idiots, such as yourself, might, and continue to, choose some
period in a diminishing ice age and call it "normal", or attempt to
establish those parameters as an ideal, as a "ruler" to measure from ...
and, pot probably helps (or, other drugs too.)

"Normal" and "natural" are overrated. If floods and drought and war
and crime are normal, does that mean we should just let them be?

- James Madison

Gray Guest September 25th 11 06:22 PM

Al Gore - BBC

dave wrote in
m:

On Sat, 24 Sep 2011 09:09:26 -0700, John Smith wrote:

“Earth was just fine in those times,” Happer added. :The oceans
were fine, plants grew, animals grew fine. So it’s baffling to me
that we�re so frightened of getting nowhere close to where we
started,” Happer explained. Happer also noted that “the number of
[skeptical scientists] with the courage to speak out is growing” and
he warned “children should not be force-fed propaganda, masquerading
as science.”

Our agriculture is tweaked for a twentieth century climate. Crops are
failing globally. People are dying. More CO2 doesn't mean more crops, it
means more fires and smoke and less vegetation.

Yeah, every grocery store in my area within driving distance has no fresh
fruit or vegetables. It's terrible.

--
Words of wisdom

What does not kill you... probably didn't cause enough tissue damage.

BAR September 25th 11 06:24 PM

Al Gore - BBC

In article ,
says...

wrote:

Yes, I do believe the last ice age is still ending, that in the past,
when the earth was devoid of manmade chemicals, pollution and toxins,
Co2 levels dwarfed present levels, lush tropical jungles existed, the
earth was much, much warmer ...

I believe idiots, such as yourself, might, and continue to, choose some
period in a diminishing ice age and call it "normal", or attempt to
establish those parameters as an ideal, as a "ruler" to measure from ...
and, pot probably helps (or, other drugs too.)

"Normal" and "natural" are overrated. If floods and drought and war
and crime are normal, does that mean we should just let them be?

How can normal and natural be overrated. They are what all things are
measured against.

Gray Guest September 25th 11 06:28 PM

Al Gore - BBC

dave wrote in news:A8CdnTgs8dMov-
:

[...]

So stop exhaling hypocrite.

John Smith[_7_] September 25th 11 08:46 PM

Al Gore - BBC

wrote:

Yes, I do believe the last ice age is still ending, that in the past,
when the earth was devoid of manmade chemicals, pollution and toxins,
Co2 levels dwarfed present levels, lush tropical jungles existed, the
earth was much, much warmer ...

I believe idiots, such as yourself, might, and continue to, choose some
period in a diminishing ice age and call it "normal", or attempt to
establish those parameters as an ideal, as a "ruler" to measure from ...
and, pot probably helps (or, other drugs too.)

"Normal" and "natural" are overrated. If floods and drought and war
and crime are normal, does that mean we should just let them be?

Gesus, don't let the morons know you have a brain, in a world of the
brainless, your life is in great danger! SHHHHHHHHSH!

chuckle

Regards,
JS

John Smith[_7_] September 25th 11 08:50 PM

Al Gore - BBC

On 9/25/2011 10:24 AM, BAR wrote:
In ,
says...

wrote:

Yes, I do believe the last ice age is still ending, that in the past,
when the earth was devoid of manmade chemicals, pollution and toxins,
Co2 levels dwarfed present levels, lush tropical jungles existed, the
earth was much, much warmer ...

I believe idiots, such as yourself, might, and continue to, choose some
period in a diminishing ice age and call it "normal", or attempt to
establish those parameters as an ideal, as a "ruler" to measure from ...
and, pot probably helps (or, other drugs too.)

"Normal" and "natural" are overrated. If floods and drought and war
and crime are normal, does that mean we should just let them be?

How can normal and natural be overrated. They are what all things are
measured against.

Just don't start measuring when you are standing in the middle of a
mental asylum! ... or in the middle of the castro district in san
fransicko, or in nazi germany, or in a meth house, or in east oakland,
in the midst of a mosque, etc.

Regards,
JS

John Smith[_7_] September 25th 11 08:54 PM

Al Gore - BBC

On 9/25/2011 10:28 AM, Gray Guest wrote:
[...]

Personally, I favor the periods of increased warmth, sunlight, Co2, etc.
.... luxuriant plant growth for growing crops year 'round, abundant and
diverse life forms, etc. Bring it on!

Regards,
JS