RadioBanter

-   -   South African DXpedition (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/173974-south-african-dxpedition.html)

John Plimmer[_2_] October 4th 11 03:47 AM

South African DXpedition

Another great DXpedition at the Southern tip of Africa. See:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/seefontein_2011_09.dx

Great catches plus superlative performance from my Kiwa MW Loop.

Again a poor performance from the vaunted Perseus SDR.

John Plimmer, Montagu, Cape Province, South Africa
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Drifter October 4th 11 03:35 PM

South African DXpedition

On 10/3/2011 10:47 PM, John Plimmer wrote:
Another great DXpedition at the Southern tip of Africa. See:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/seefontein_2011_09.dx

Great catches plus superlative performance from my Kiwa MW Loop.

Again a poor performance from the vaunted Perseus SDR.

John Plimmer, Montagu, Cape Province, South Africa
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

John.

Great read. As always, lots of fun. ah, some day, if
I live long enough to retire. Kudo's on your loop, would
never part with mine. BTW, your not the first person to
complain about the SDR. Thanks again John.

Drifter...

sctvguy1[_2_] October 10th 11 03:28 PM

South African DXpedition

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:47:22 -0700, John Plimmer wrote:

Another great DXpedition at the Southern tip of Africa. See:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/seefontein_2011_09.dx

Great catches plus superlative performance from my Kiwa MW Loop.

Again a poor performance from the vaunted Perseus SDR.

John Plimmer, Montagu, Cape Province, South Africa South 33 d 47 m 32 s,
East 20 d 07 m 32 s Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR ERGO software Drake SW8.
Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100 Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270 Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

John,
Great article and catches! It is starting to be AMDX season here in in
North America, as Fall and Winter approaches. At present, I am using my
Terk loop and my vintage Lafayette HE-10(retro-dxing). I will use my
CCrane SW with the built-in double ferrite loop later on. Take car

Bob in Hobe Sound

John Plimmer[_2_] October 10th 11 05:04 PM

South African DXpedition

On Oct 10, 2:28*pm, sctvguy1 wrote:
John,
Great article and catches! *It is starting to be AMDX season here in in
North America, as Fall and Winter approaches. *At present, I am using my
Terk loop and my vintage Lafayette HE-10(retro-dxing). *I will use my
CCrane SW with the built-in double ferrite loop later on. *Take car

Bob in Hobe Sound

Bob I'd lov to hear what you get in Hobe Sound other thn Cubans.
You can get a lot on a Terk loop and your excllent old Lafayette.
Let us know?

JP