Old October 4th 11, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default South African DXpedition

Another great DXpedition at the Southern tip of Africa. See:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/seefontein_2011_09.dx

Great catches plus superlative performance from my Kiwa MW Loop.

Again a poor performance from the vaunted Perseus SDR.

John Plimmer, Montagu, Cape Province, South Africa
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx
Old October 4th 11, 03:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 10/3/2011 10:47 PM, John Plimmer wrote:
Another great DXpedition at the Southern tip of Africa. See:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/seefontein_2011_09.dx

Great catches plus superlative performance from my Kiwa MW Loop.

Again a poor performance from the vaunted Perseus SDR.

John Plimmer, Montagu, Cape Province, South Africa
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR
ERGO software
Drake SW8. Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

John.

Great read. As always, lots of fun. ah, some day, if
I live long enough to retire. Kudo's on your loop, would
never part with mine. BTW, your not the first person to
complain about the SDR. Thanks again John.

Drifter...
Old October 10th 11, 03:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mon, 03 Oct 2011 19:47:22 -0700, John Plimmer wrote:

Another great DXpedition at the Southern tip of Africa. See:
http://www.dxing.info/dxpeditions/seefontein_2011_09.dx

Great catches plus superlative performance from my Kiwa MW Loop.

Again a poor performance from the vaunted Perseus SDR.

John Plimmer, Montagu, Cape Province, South Africa South 33 d 47 m 32 s,
East 20 d 07 m 32 s Icom IC-7600, Perseus SDR ERGO software Drake SW8.
Sangean 803A, Redsun RP2100 Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Grundig G8, Eton E100
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro Mk II, Datong AD-270 Kiwa MW Loop.
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

John,
Great article and catches! It is starting to be AMDX season here in in
North America, as Fall and Winter approaches. At present, I am using my
Terk loop and my vintage Lafayette HE-10(retro-dxing). I will use my
CCrane SW with the built-in double ferrite loop later on. Take car

Bob in Hobe Sound
Old October 10th 11, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Oct 10, 2:28*pm, sctvguy1 wrote:
John,
Great article and catches! *It is starting to be AMDX season here in in
North America, as Fall and Winter approaches. *At present, I am using my
Terk loop and my vintage Lafayette HE-10(retro-dxing). *I will use my
CCrane SW with the built-in double ferrite loop later on. *Take car

Bob in Hobe Sound

Bob I'd lov to hear what you get in Hobe Sound other thn Cubans.
You can get a lot on a Terk loop and your excllent old Lafayette.
Let us know?

JP