RadioBanter

-   -   Satellite Failure Coincides With CME Shock (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/174083-re-satellite-failure-coincides-cme-shock.html)

Truth Teller October 8th 11 05:29 AM

Satellite Failure Coincides With CME Shock

I now wonder if the reception problems of my Sirius/XM satellite radio
is somehow related to this. My perfect satellite radio reception of
over 1 year mysteriously became crappy two weeks ago. It still
receives some stations flawlessly but most cut in and out every 3
words making them unlistenable. Anyone one else experiencing recent
satellite radio reception issues?

dave October 8th 11 02:19 PM

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 21:29:38 -0700, Truth Teller wrote:

I now wonder if the reception problems of my Sirius/XM satellite radio
is somehow related to this. My perfect satellite radio reception of over
1 year mysteriously became crappy two weeks ago. It still receives some
stations flawlessly but most cut in and out every 3 words making them
unlistenable. Anyone one else experiencing recent satellite radio
reception issues?

Having owned a half dozen satellite radios I'd suspect the antenna system
first. Also, look for new cellular installations. 1.9 GHz mobile phones
will shut down satellite radios in the vicinity.