Old October 8th 11, 05:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Satellite Failure Coincides With CME Shock

I now wonder if the reception problems of my Sirius/XM satellite radio
is somehow related to this. My perfect satellite radio reception of
over 1 year mysteriously became crappy two weeks ago. It still
receives some stations flawlessly but most cut in and out every 3
words making them unlistenable. Anyone one else experiencing recent
satellite radio reception issues?
Old October 8th 11, 02:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 21:29:38 -0700, Truth Teller wrote:

I now wonder if the reception problems of my Sirius/XM satellite radio
is somehow related to this. My perfect satellite radio reception of over
1 year mysteriously became crappy two weeks ago. It still receives some
stations flawlessly but most cut in and out every 3 words making them
unlistenable. Anyone one else experiencing recent satellite radio
reception issues?

Having owned a half dozen satellite radios I'd suspect the antenna system
first. Also, look for new cellular installations. 1.9 GHz mobile phones
will shut down satellite radios in the vicinity.

Sticker shock? Brenda Ann[_2_] Radio Photos 1 November 12th 09 02:28 PM
Looking for MT-170/U (M1-B1-D1) Shock Mounting jhancock Boatanchors 0 January 3rd 09 05:03 PM
SHOCK & AWE Konstans_with_a_C Policy 1 July 25th 06 04:32 PM
SHOCK & AWE Konstans_with_a_C CB 1 July 25th 06 04:32 PM
Shock at the death of Foe Brainbuster CB 2 July 11th 03 10:25 PM