Old July 28th 12, 01:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 6925

Someone might want to check out 6925 as I can hear very weakly some flute
music at 1200.

Far past sunrise here, but perhaps someone else farther west might have some
luck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old July 28th 12, 01:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/28/2012 8:06 AM, dxAce wrote:
Someone might want to check out 6925 as I can hear very weakly some flute
music at 1200.

Far past sunrise here, but perhaps someone else farther west might have some
luck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

How bout east? Jack Pine Savage.

Drifter...
Old July 28th 12, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

On 7/28/2012 8:06 AM, dxAce wrote:
Someone might want to check out 6925 as I can hear very weakly some flute
music at 1200.

Far past sunrise here, but perhaps someone else farther west might have some
luck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

How bout east? Jack Pine Savage.

Yeah, just seconds ago as I stepped outside to have a smoke, I thought that they
might just be farther east as well.

Heard here best on my north-south wire vs. the west-east wire.
Very weak, though seemingly improving.

Drifter...

Old July 28th 12, 01:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

On 7/28/2012 8:06 AM, dxAce wrote:
Someone might want to check out 6925 as I can hear very weakly some flute
music at 1200.

Far past sunrise here, but perhaps someone else farther west might have some
luck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

How bout east? Jack Pine Savage.

Yeah, just seconds ago as I stepped outside to have a smoke, I thought that they
might just be farther east as well.

Heard here best on my north-south wire vs. the west-east wire.
Very weak, though seemingly improving.

Now someone else has come up on the frequency at 1222.

Drifter...

Old July 28th 12, 01:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 7/28/2012 8:16 AM, dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

On 7/28/2012 8:06 AM, dxAce wrote:
Someone might want to check out 6925 as I can hear very weakly some flute
music at 1200.

Far past sunrise here, but perhaps someone else farther west might have some
luck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

How bout east? Jack Pine Savage.

Yeah, just seconds ago as I stepped outside to have a smoke, I thought that they
might just be farther east as well.

Heard here best on my north-south wire vs. the west-east wire.
Very weak, though seemingly improving.

Drifter...

Steve, I thought you stopped the smokes? 12:46u, something new coming in
on 6925u. s6 here, lots of hash from last nights storms. Religious wars?
can't quite pull it in. RX340 just not doing it this morning. Gotta dig
out one of the WJ's. C-S-N, Ohio on now, in and out. Gotta go out for
breakfast, check in later. Got a week off/ home here. Be back. Good to
see your still here Steve, I was afraid the political hacks and wacko's
over spammed the group. Feel like talking some radio today.

Drifter...

Old July 28th 12, 02:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

On 7/28/2012 8:06 AM, dxAce wrote:
Someone might want to check out 6925 as I can hear very weakly some flute
music at 1200.

Far past sunrise here, but perhaps someone else farther west might have some
luck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

How bout east? Jack Pine Savage.

Yeah, just seconds ago as I stepped outside to have a smoke, I thought that they
might just be farther east as well.

Heard here best on my north-south wire vs. the west-east wire.
Very weak, though seemingly improving.

Drifter...

Steve, I thought you stopped the smokes?

Yeah, I did, back on August 29 or so... lasted three weeks or so until I got morose
over my fathers death twenty years before, crazy huh?

Old July 28th 12, 04:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

On 7/28/2012 8:06 AM, dxAce wrote:
Someone might want to check out 6925 as I can hear very weakly some flute
music at 1200.

Far past sunrise here, but perhaps someone else farther west might have some
luck.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

How bout east? Jack Pine Savage.

Yeah, just seconds ago as I stepped outside to have a smoke, I thought that they
might just be farther east as well.

Heard here best on my north-south wire vs. the west-east wire.
Very weak, though seemingly improving.

Drifter...

Steve, I thought you stopped the smokes?

Yeah, I did, back on August 29 or so... lasted three weeks or so until I got morose
over my fathers death twenty years before, crazy huh?

Not at all Steve. I smoked well into my fifties. People don't realize how
hard it is to quite. Took me almost 3 years, and I still want one when
ever I'm stressed. Day to day is the only way I can stay off them. I
guess it's like booze. I always said, if I knew I was going to die
tomorrow, I would buy a carton today. Good luck.

Drifter...

Old July 28th 12, 04:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

[...]

Yeah, I need to set another quit date.

Drifter...

Old July 28th 12, 05:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

[...]

Thinking of WJ's, here is one (a BAE) that apparently sold at Universal recently:

http://www.universal-radio.com/used/used2.html

Old July 28th 12, 06:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

[...]

Yep, saw that during the week. I have a 8711A and a 1000 in the
collection. Don't have a BAE, and thought about it. It was already
marked hold by Wednesday. Looks clean in the picture, someone got
a nice price. Only hole in my Watkins-Johnson run is an 8718A-MFP-10.
Friend Jerry, in Ohio says that's the hardest to find. So, I'm
not holding my breath here, but I can dream. Do have way too many
radios here anyhow. If I ever do get to retire, I may thin the
herd down to just the "Cold-War-Warriors", and part with the
regulars. Yeah, right. If I get hit with a truck my kids are going
make a bunch of money. It's a disease Steve, you know that. I bet
you still got all your Drakes there. Bad conditions here today,
just my luck.

Drifter...

6925 USB dxAce Shortwave 2 October 31st 04 11:35 PM
6925 @ 2:30z Radio Flyer Shortwave 0 October 25th 04 03:31 AM
6925.0 AM PJ Hoban Shortwave 0 August 23rd 03 03:02 AM
6925 USB PJ Hoban Shortwave 0 August 4th 03 03:30 AM
??? 6925 usb on now PJ Hoban Shortwave 6 August 2nd 03 12:09 PM