Old February 17th 13, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Barlow Wadley XCR-30 Mk 2 FM

Hi Everyone,

I have 2 Barlow Wadley XCR-30 Mk2 receivers, one with FM tuner and the other without. I worked for Barlows at their Parow Industria factory in Cape Town South Africa during the time when they still manufactured them and was instrumental in their assembly and fault finding. Anyway, I havn't used either of them for several years since I was getting frequency drift and BFO howling on SSB and clicks throughout the rises between 12 to 30Mhz. Unfortunately, when the factory shut down their Wadley production line, I wasn't in time to take my Wadleys to the factory to have them realigned. Its been many years since. Quite recently decided to resurrect them because I looked at buying the WR-G303i Winradio but its just prohibitively expensive. Besides I would not be getting much more than I already have. Does anyone out here have the setup instructions for the S curve adjustment on a wobbulator. It would be greatly appreciated if someone can help me in this regard.

Thanks
Faried Manan.
Old February 18th 13, 06:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Monday, February 18, 2013 8:00:05 AM UTC-6, dave wrote:
On 02/17/2013 12:24 PM, wrote:

[...]

Rob Sherwood might know. Sherwood Engineering in Denver. duckduckgo.com

Google,,, Antennas for Barlow Wadley Radios .................................................. ........................You might find something there.