Old May 17th 13, 04:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Is there anyone here besides me who has reached the point ......That they would rather be dead ...... Than spend the rest of their lives POOR?$?$? ...

On Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:43:04 PM UTC-4, CyberDroog wrote:
On Wed, 15 May 2013 15:38:41 -0700 (PDT), Jack Pine

wrote:

On May 14, 6:22*pm, CyberDroog wrote:

There more to it than "American craftsmanship" disappearing also. *The

fact is that the crafts have merely changed.

Yes, American labor today would be barely recognizable by, say, a

steelworker transported from 1955.

Talk to JFK - he's the one who gave America's steel industry to Germany.

The exponential growth in the

digital world has accelerated the metamorphosis to such a rate that a

few million people haven't been able to keep up. I think this fact

and the rapid expansion of Oriental economies can be named as two

factors in our 'jobless recovery.'

Life is change. That has always been true.

--

Men live in a fantasy world. I know this because I am one, and I actually

receive my mail there.

- Scott Adams

German steel industry has been around much longer-so no connection with JFK here. Ruhr existed before US was created, in fact.