Old June 15th 14, 12:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default stealth shortwave/ham antenna

Greetings!

Bought a condo in Florida no external antennas allowed must be attached to your physical property such as patio deck rail,etc. Transmitting is fine when loading up the guard rail on second floor patio balcony. RECEIVING is total mess! noise like you cannot believe! So hamming /shortwave is out....is it? I was thinking if I could get on roof ( I am on second floor; condo is 6 stories high) and place an active antenna then I would be OK! but how to do???...stealth ??? no condom commandos bitching!

I figured it out and want to share with fellow hams /SWL's

I ran the RG-6 Coax cable to roof by way of my condo's air conditioner's ROOF mounted condenser thermostat steel conduit...... it's a strait run from my condo to the roof!!!!!!! mounted the active antenna to MY roof mounted air conditioner unit now shortwave /ham reception is a DREAM! no noise at all since the roof is steel and cement great noise shielding!!!!!!

I share this with you all as don't give up think and plan perhaps you to can` use this idea????