Old December 10th 14, 04:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Cousin Burr

On Wednesday, December 10, 2014 8:36:00 AM UTC-6, dxAce wrote:
Drifter wrote:

On 12/9/2014 8:17 AM, dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

Drifter wrote:

On 12/7/2014 11:10 AM, DhiaDuit wrote:
On Sunday, December 7, 2014 10:05:10 AM UTC-6, dxAce wrote:
dxAce wrote:

I just got an email from Burr, he is in the Phillippines, outlining what
he is doing for the approaching tropical storm.

No late word from Burr, but is nighttime over there. Per recent reports the
storm might not be quite as bad as one a few years ago.

Hurricane Camille and Hurricane Katrina were real 'Doozeys' Google them.

Steve, any u-dates from Burr as yet?

Not a thing as I patiently await...

Just got this email from Burr:

It rained all night and day, a very light rain almost no wind, the Storm
went above and below us so we got off lucky I could not do my 20 mile ride
or work with dividing my Orchids so I stayed inside and routined (sic) all
the three computers, took a world class nap and still had a great day..
Tomorrow is Lifting (KB's) and Yoga (you are only as young as your spine)
then maybe I can get back to my Orchids.

Vary cool. Lucky guy.

Yeah, the wife is a Philipino, and I guess he likes it there. One thing for sure it
is warm there ALL the time.

I just checked the temp for Manila and it is 78, with a high tomorrow of 86. Humidity
82%.

When I did my year in Vietnam in 1964, my body was 'checkin the temperature' every second of every day and night. When that Pan Am 'Blue Ball' Airplane landed at Tan Son Nhut and that door opened and that HOT temperature and Humidity welled up in there, my body started sweating BIG TIME. I was thinking... How the hell am I going to survive over here! Ask cousin Burr, he will tell you. www.tsna.org ...My Bonnie (body) lies over the Ocean... my Bonnie (body) lies over the Sea... bring back... bring back... bring back ny Bonnie (body) to meeee...

PING: Cousin Bur dxAce Shortwave 3 September 21st 11 03:20 PM
(OT) Dear Cousin Steve [email protected] Shortwave 2 July 31st 07 03:43 AM
PING: Cousin Burr N8KDV Shortwave 1 May 5th 04 01:29 AM
Hey Cousin Burr Shortwave 13 April 14th 04 07:04 PM
Hey Cousin Burr Shortwave 3 March 26th 04 11:27 PM