Old December 12th 14, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Global 24 Radio

Listening to classic Jazz on Global24 9395 Khz and thinking what a delight it would be for most new SWLs to encounter it. A strong signal that has "real" content for a change.

Really enjoying their content so far and hoping they make a "go" of their operation. It's nice to have another station to add to Radio Australia, RNZI, BBC, and the occasional WBCQ show, which deliver real programming -- music included -- for people who don't want to be relentlessly crackpot-conspiracied to death or preached at until you turn into jell-o. :P

And where ELSE would you hear an ad for a bee farm? Seriously, this is what just ran.

I'm totally serious. If I ever need a whole bunch of bees I'm going to spend my money at that bee farm.

Has domestic SWL degenerated so far that the equivalent of an NPR or local radio FM station on shortwave would be so amazing and delightful? It's sad to think when so much great stuff was once coming in from Radio Canada Int'l, Radio Nederlands, Deutsche Welle, RFI, etc. So sad to see them gone and replaced with mostly programming so sh*tty it wouldn't even sell on US AM radio.