Old December 27th 14, 10:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Republic of Sudan?

I am hearing what I think is Radio Republic of Sudan on 7200 at 1950.

I had been listening to some amateur radio operators previous to that
when I began hearing some singing. I decided to check the skeds, and
indeed, Radio Republic of Sudan does use the frequency during this time
slot.

I've QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale) Radio Omdurman, Oct. 27,
1985, on 5039, but this does seem interesting.

Aoki shows them running till 2100 when they seemingly left the air, but
EiBi shows them till 2230.

BDXC shows them essentially off the air.

Further investigation...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 27th 14, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

I am hearing what I think is Radio Republic of Sudan on 7200 at 1950.

I had been listening to some amateur radio operators previous to that
when I began hearing some singing. I decided to check the skeds, and
indeed, Radio Republic of Sudan does use the frequency during this time
slot.

I've QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale) Radio Omdurman, Oct. 27,
1985, on 5039, but this does seem interesting.

Aoki shows them running till 2100 when they seemingly left the air, but
EiBi shows them till 2230.

BDXC shows them essentially off the air.

Further investigation...

Apparently, this broadcast might actually be via Omdurman, but certainly did
not sound like the 100 kW listed on Aoki.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 28th 14, 08:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

I am hearing what I think is Radio Republic of Sudan on 7200 at 1950.

I had been listening to some amateur radio operators previous to that
when I began hearing some singing. I decided to check the skeds, and
indeed, Radio Republic of Sudan does use the frequency during this time
slot.

I've QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale) Radio Omdurman, Oct. 27,
1985, on 5039, but this does seem interesting.

Aoki shows them running till 2100 when they seemingly left the air, but
EiBi shows them till 2230.

BDXC shows them essentially off the air.

Further investigation...

Apparently, this broadcast might actually be via Omdurman, but certainly did
not sound like the 100 kW listed on Aoki.

In 1985, at least, Omdurman was running 20 kW.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 28th 14, 09:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

They are back in there again today, as I heard the carrier come up at 1930
on 7200 which corresponds with the s/on time on EiBi.

Started getting some audio from them at about 2020. Best in USB at the
moment as 7200 is in use by ARO's on LSB.

Old December 28th 14, 10:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Heard the male announcer definitely mention Khartoum, which is the capital of
Sudan at 2057. They seem to be continuing on as of 2102 after some time pips
at 2101.

Perhaps today they will stay on till 2230, as the signal is steadily
improving.

Old December 29th 14, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote in
:

dxAce wrote:

I am hearing what I think is Radio Republic of Sudan on 7200 at
1950.

I had been listening to some amateur radio operators previous to
that when I began hearing some singing. I decided to check the
skeds, and indeed, Radio Republic of Sudan does use the frequency
during this time slot.

I've QSL'd (veried, for those in Glendale) Radio Omdurman, Oct.
27, 1985, on 5039, but this does seem interesting.

Aoki shows them running till 2100 when they seemingly left the
air, but EiBi shows them till 2230.

BDXC shows them essentially off the air.

Further investigation...

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I worked ST2AR (Khartoum) back in 2011 - in the log on 15 meters. Pretty
sure I worked ST0R (South Sudan) dx pedition, but so far have not
located it in the log. Too many of those guys want 5 bucks "to defray
costs". Don't QSL much any more.

Jim (MI)