RadioBanter

-   -   BBC New Year chimes (on shortwave) (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/211140-bbc-new-year-chimes-shortwave.html)

RF Collins December 31st 14 12:37 AM

BBC New Year chimes (on shortwave)

9740 kHz Singapore relay is audible at 0002 UTC tonight.

Will they carry it? will it be audible? tune in tomorrow - same bat time,
same bat channel...

Jim(MI)

dxAce[_22_] December 31st 14 12:00 PM

RF Collins wrote:

9740 kHz Singapore relay is audible at 0002 UTC tonight.

Will they carry it? will it be audible? tune in tomorrow - same bat time,
same bat channel...

Have to wait and see I suppose. But these days it seems to be past my
bedtime.

DhiaDuit December 31st 14 04:40 PM

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 6:00:24 AM UTC-6, dxAce wrote:
RF Collins wrote:

9740 kHz Singapore relay is audible at 0002 UTC tonight.

Will they carry it? will it be audible? tune in tomorrow - same bat time,
same bat channel...

Have to wait and see I suppose. But these days it seems to be past my
bedtime.

Hal and Mal's restaurant in Jackson, The Great Land Mass is going to have a Catfish dropping down a Firetruck ladder at the stroke of Midnight tonight. ///Happy New Year y'all. WOO WOO WOOF!///

RF Collins January 1st 15 12:15 AM

BBC New Year chimes (on shortwave)

dxAce wrote in
:

RF Collins wrote:

9740 kHz Singapore relay is audible at 0002 UTC tonight.

Will they carry it? will it be audible? tune in tomorrow - same bat
time, same bat channel...

Have to wait and see I suppose. But these days it seems to be past my
bedtime.

Hope you stayed up or recorded it. Fair reception of Big Ben welcoming
in the New Year - about 4 or 5 seconds ahead of the internet feed and
that after being relayed from England to Singapore. Then halfway around
the world to the Midwest by our favorite - radio.

Jim(MI)