Old May 4th 15, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default need help selecting am radio

On Sun, 03 May 2015 16:35:32 -0400, dxAce wrote:

Both my Superadio I's (Though they do not say Superadio on them at all)
are model number 7-2880B

My Superadio II is model number 7-2885D

I suspect that the 7-2887 is the SR III which I would avoid along with
its RCA variation.

I got a GE SR III at Ace Hardware, and had to have it modded to get rid
of the bugs. Once it was modded, it was great. Right out of the box, it
was crap. It was only $39, new in the box.
Old May 6th 15, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 1:50:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:

You get the idea. I'm not a radio guy - just want the best AM radio I can get. Can anyone give me the part numbers to look for?

Thanks again.

Just get a Sony ICF-SW7600GR before they are gone.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICF-SW760.../dp/B00006IS4X

I was able to pull in a France AM station with this Sony and a Terk AM loop antenna while listening in the Midwest of the U.S.

http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Indoor-AM...dp/B000069EUW/

Old May 10th 15, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Just received the srii 7-2880B. Works well. I have to play with it awhile to see if I like it. First impression is good. Nice and clear on the local stations.

Antenna? Long copper wire? Longer the better?

Hah. Sure is an ugly thing when you look at some of radios available today...

Thanks all the info.
Old May 10th 15, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 6:45:14 PM UTC-5, Chas.Chan wrote:
On Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 1:50:16 PM UTC-5, wrote:

You get the idea. I'm not a radio guy - just want the best AM radio I can get. Can anyone give me the part numbers to look for?

Thanks again.

Just get a Sony ICF-SW7600GR before they are gone.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICF-SW760.../dp/B00006IS4X

I was able to pull in a France AM station with this Sony and a Terk AM loop antenna while listening in the Midwest of the U.S.

http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Indoor-AM...dp/B000069EUW/

no knob.... I like to manually scan threw.

Selecting a CB Radio RedPenguin CB 14 March 5th 07 04:25 AM
Selecting toroids for HF use... tictac1 Homebrew 8 November 5th 06 10:56 PM
Selecting new radio Norris Smith Shortwave 0 September 11th 06 07:21 AM
Selecting a rotator Rod Maupin Antenna 5 November 7th 05 12:52 AM
Selecting Satellite Radio Aztech Broadcasting 3 December 6th 04 05:23 PM