Old January 20th 16, 10:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Microsoft Recalls.

Recalls on Tablets, Surface pro and Pro 2 and Pro 3, power cord/power supply overheating issues. In case you use one of those gadgets? I use my ever so luverly Asus Chromebox hooked up to a Samsung Tee Vee, it works fast, just like greased lightnin. I never have any problems with it. Google,,, Recalls
Old January 23rd 16, 09:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It has always been an issue that powe supplies are a source of recalls. Back
in the 80s Sinclair computers had to recall them due to them failing in a
rather smelly way, then there were those little colour televisions which
managed to weld the psu to the coffee table as they were made for the
Algerian market and not the Eu and thus ran hot.
Many third party usb chargers have gone bang or come apart allowing
people to touch the live connections.
Dell had some psus where the dc side of the cable was over welded at the
strain relief and actually caught fire when it shorted out.
I'm sure there are other horror stories out there.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Old January 23rd 16, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"DhiaDuit" wrote in message
Recalls on Tablets, Surface pro and Pro 2 and Pro 3, power cord/power
supply overheating issues. In case you use one of those gadgets? I use my
ever so luverly Asus Chromebox hooked up to a Samsung Tee Vee, it works
fast, just like greased lightnin. I never have any problems with it.
Google,,, Recalls

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

If your device came with a power supply and you need to replace it, allways buy the exact same kind of power supply. Don't buy that off the wall brand name crap.
Old January 23rd 16, 07:13 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"DhiaDuit" wrote in message
Recalls on Tablets, Surface pro and Pro 2 and Pro 3, power cord/power
supply overheating issues. In case you use one of those gadgets? I use my
ever so luverly Asus Chromebox hooked up to a Samsung Tee Vee, it works
fast, just like greased lightnin. I never have any problems with it.
Google,,, Recalls

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

If your device came with a power supply and you need to replace it, allways buy the exact same kind of power supply. Don't buy that off the wall brand name crap.

...actually- some of the "original" ps units are under-rated . Even the biggest companies have had major issues over the years.
Old January 23rd 16, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"DhiaDuit" wrote in message
Recalls on Tablets, Surface pro and Pro 2 and Pro 3, power cord/power
supply overheating issues. In case you use one of those gadgets? I use my
ever so luverly Asus Chromebox hooked up to a Samsung Tee Vee, it works
fast, just like greased lightnin. I never have any problems with it.
Google,,, Recalls

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

If your device came with a power supply and you need to replace it, allways buy the exact same kind of power supply. Don't buy that off the wall brand name crap.

...actually- some of the "original" ps units are under-rated . Even the biggest companies have had major issues over the years.

thehill.com thee smokin ..n?