Old October 17th 16, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default You know....

There are actually times when I miss ol' Frackleton and his tirades
extolling the virtues of companies like Clear Channel (now iHeart Media,
and Cumulus) while railing against those in the group with a clue, who
insisted that debt would kill these companies, and the careers of
thousands of professionals streeted by them as they collapse.

Well, today, Bloomberg published a story describing the 11 figures of
debt incurred by these companies, the collapsing revenues brought about
by their lack of understanding of the listening public's tastes, wants
and needs, in the face of mounting competition from other, newer media
which understand the concept of mass customization.

Proving all those who insisted Frackleton was denying the truth were
not only right, but right with a bullet.

Funny, how karma works.

Many of those who ran Frackleton off also insisted that shortwave
broadcasting shutting off the transmitters in favor of internet
broadcasting were, in fact, short sighted.

Hmmm.

And as the politics of the world continue to become more dangerous, and
the internet becomes more and more censorable, how many broadcasters are
looking back at the HF transmitters gathering dust as a possible
resource to communicating with the world?

Hmmm?

Old October 18th 16, 03:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

[...]

Ya know, I'd still like to find out why he got thrown out of Ecuador, I have my long
held ideas...

Old October 18th 16, 03:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 10/18/16 09:29 , dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

[...]

That's a very good question.

Old October 18th 16, 05:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 9:36:15 AM UTC-5, D. Peter Maus wrote:
On 10/18/16 09:29 , dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

[...]

Julian Assange (Equador Embassy in London) has been quiet lately. They say his Internet was cut off. Internet service, including Wi Fi, is easily available all over London.

Old October 18th 16, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 10/18/16 09:29 , dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

[...]

Gitmo Express. yournewswire.com Fears grow Julian Assange was extradited on Guantanamo Express
Old October 18th 16, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 10/18/16 09:29 , dxAce wrote:

dxAce wrote:

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

[...]

Ah, he may be going to a 'tropical' paradise. As I recall, I may have been there twice. Back then, there was only one stoplight, more there just to keep folks accustomed to home.

Old October 18th 16, 07:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D. Peter Maus" wrote:

[...]

As far as I know. One person who died, is, Mike Bryant, check the post labeled
'S.O.S' here on rec.radio.shortwave. I never saw any response to it. I sent his
daughter my condolences. I've seen his obit on the net.

Old October 19th 16, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://www.davidgleason.com/index.htm