Old February 8th 17, 04:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The Big Valley

Nick was my favorite of the Barkley boys. They don't make westerns anymore because the Hollyweird libtards say they glorify guns.

Eff you new world order globalist azzholes!
Old February 8th 17, 04:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Victoria was one tough lady. Aubry easy on the eyes to!
Old February 8th 17, 06:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Gunsmoke helped launch the great era of the TV western. Westerns became so popular on TV that by the end of the 1950s there would be as many as 40 of them airing in prime time.

The gunfight between Matt Dillon and an unknown gunman that opened every episode was shot on the same main street as that used in High Noon. With the phony anti-violence movement of the early 1970's the opening gunfight was dropped and replaced by Matt riding his horse.

It's astonishing how many the good things the fascist libtards have destroyed in America.

Old February 8th 17, 06:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 12:29:18 AM UTC-6, wrote:
Gunsmoke helped launch the great era of the TV western. Westerns became so popular on TV that by the end of the 1950s there would be as many as 40 of them airing in prime time.

The gunfight between Matt Dillon and an unknown gunman that opened every episode was shot on the same main street as that used in High Noon. With the phony anti-violence movement of the early 1970's the opening gunfight was dropped and replaced by Matt riding his horse.

It's astonishing how many the good things the fascist libtards have destroyed in America.

TV Banter Movie Ranches ...Lake Oroville Dam ...Shes' gonna bleauuuuuu,,,,,!!!
Old February 9th 17, 01:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

Nick was my favorite of the Barkley boys. They don't make westerns anymore because the Hollyweird libtards say they glorify guns.

Eff you new world order globalist azzholes!

Nick should have made a zombie movie. It would have been the first
zombie movie with guns. Ever.

Old February 10th 17, 02:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Peter Breck (Nick) starred in another western called The Black Saddle. 44 episodes from 1959-60. Peter Breck's character, Clay Culhane, is a gunfighter who becomes a lawyer after his brothers were killed in a shootout. Russell Johnson (the Professor on Gilligan's Island) also starred. J. Pat O'Malley also.

Lots of great guest stars appeared also; Parley Bair, Stacy Harris, Paul Burke, Frank DeKova, Buddy Ebsen, John Dehner, James Franciscus, Vic Perrin, et. al. Lots of these guys got their start in Old Time Radio then transitioned to television when radio was supplanted by television.

Like those character actors nobody knows the names of but you recognize them immediately when you see them. Stacy Harris is one of my favorites. Did a lot of Dragnet.

Best part of Dragnet was the end when they would show the criminal standing alone while the narrator read the sentence they received. Stacy Harris was the best at that...hilarious!
Old February 10th 17, 02:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Black Saddle complete series for $10 on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-SADDLE...En3g 96lLWThg

Think I'll buy it.

R.I.P. Peter Breck
Old February 10th 17, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 8:26:41 PM UTC-6, wrote:
Black Saddle complete series for $10 on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-SADDLE...En3g 96lLWThg

Think I'll buy it.

R.I.P. Peter Breck

You know what happens to wagon wheels when they get too dry? The iron rims fall off. They had to let those wagon wheels soak in water once in a while to keep the wheels tight.
Old February 10th 17, 03:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Stacy Harris died of a heart attack at age 54. That's too young to have a heart attack.

Brian Keith in the Westerners was another great program. Under the umbrella of the Zane Grey Theater production it only had 13 episodes. I have them all on dvd.
I liked his big dog named Brown. Brown was an accomplished actor, he was 'Old Yeller'. Brian Keith was a decorated Marine and committed suicide.

Think I will dig out my dvd's and watch F Troop. I like Larry Storch.

San Fernando Valley CB 12/FRS 13 [email protected] Scanner 0 October 6th 09 04:38 AM
question about reception in a valley... paul Shortwave 5 August 18th 05 09:34 PM
Valley Forge Pa Preesi Scanner 3 December 17th 04 12:23 AM
WANT: VALLEY 401 MIC PROCESSOR Marty B. Swap 0 January 25th 04 06:41 PM
hey tri valley radio AntiKeyclown CB 1 November 25th 03 12:28 AM